• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Obscure on Steam

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Both Obscure 1 & 2 are now on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/36489/

Anyone played them before?

I remember playing the 1st one when it came out on PS2 years ago. Thought it was pretty decent, but ended just as it seemed to get going. Never played Obscure 2 mind.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Rather unspectacular and cliched survival horror that tries to please teens - that’s all I remember.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I do seem to remember people calling it the teens resident evil now that you mention it.

Still, might be worth a look at a cheap price.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Yes, there were far worse examples of sh released at that time, like Dino Crisis or The Eye of Isis. Obscure was just very mediocre “teen horror”, unlike its title suggested. I don’t think I played far into it for that reason.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It had some interesting light mechanics for its time. I seem to remember each character had different skills that could help you in different ways too.

One was good at picking locks, another was good at sprinting etc.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I seem to recall the game be a very entertaining experience. Especially how different it was.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

I had a blast playing Obscure with friends. It’s definitely no Silent Hill—it’s kind of goofy but still creepy in parts.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Its like if CW made a Silent Hill/Parasite Eve TV show. A bit toned down and aimed at Teens/Young Adults but great and creepy nonetheless.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have both games. They are very average Survival Horror games with multiple character play options.

I’d say go pick them up if they are very inexpensive and you love survival horror.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top