• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Match that screen!

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

From an earlier game in the same series

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 25 March 2014 02:10 PM

I have two for that one

You forgot the mushroom of Phungoria: Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

crabapple - 25 March 2014 02:25 PM

From an earlier game in the same series

It’s not a perfect match, but “if you squint and turn your head”, the hut might just look like that strange contraption:

The next one is silly Don from Phantasmagoria goofing around with a wig and a ketchup on his face:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

That reminds me of a certain character in The Pandora Directive.

One to match from Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

nice idea. i love playing such kind of games

here’s my match. sorry but’s it’s a screenshot from the web, and the only one I found was in german Smile

it’s not the same architecture, but there’s the alley and the black robe

next one from the neverhood

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Take balcony from Evil Under the Sun:

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Not much in common except the balcony, but it’s the best I could find

and from the same game…
Is it me, or does that annoying little creature about to land on one of the rocks sound like Swampling (noted for his wretched soup) from the Simon the Sorcerer games?

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

A snowy mountain path from The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav

Crabapple—I haven’t played that game, so I don’t know the voice. If the voice is as bad as Swampling, maybe I’ll never play that game.  Naughty  Does the creature talk a lot? Does it make you eat soup or, given the circumstances, snow?

A scene to match from Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons:

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Becky - 27 March 2014 10:02 AM

I haven’t played that game, so I don’t know the voice. If the voice is as bad as Swampling, maybe I’ll never play that game. Does the creature talk a lot? Does it make you eat soup or, given the circumstances, snow?

The game is King’s Quest V.
The creature is the infamous Cedric the Owl.
He does not make you eat soup and has no power over snow.
He serves no useful purpose for most of the game—only at the beginning (introduces you to Crispin) and towards the end (sacrifices himself to save you.)
He interrupts your adventuring by constantly stating the obvious.
Most if not all of his comments are unskippable (at least in the version I played).
Many people think he spoils the game (though the game has other problems, such as dead ends from not picking up items in the very beginning which you don’t discover until late in the game, etc.)
IMO KQ5 is best played with a walkthrough—or at least a list of the items you absolutely need to pick up and warnings about when you absolutely need to save.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Here’s one to match Becky’s screenshot - it’s from Odyssey: The Search for Ulysses:

And here’s one to match from Panic in the Park:

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Crabapple—thanks for the info. I guess those were the “good old days” before playtesting, when designers thought everyone wanted to replay a game several times to get it right.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Reminds me of Eldoon’s noodle stand in Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

Next one is from the same game (the Gavinners’ dressing room):

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Well, the person with the gun isn’t in a poster, and there are no guitars, but both screens show a messy room…

Beware the Ixupi…

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

In the foreground—a weird ivory object with a dial. In the background—spooky mist. From Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse.

Here’s one to match from CastleAbra.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

No one else thinks that the sphinx-like cat’s face resemble’s the sphinx-like face of the mysterious Mr. Papierwaite from Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse? 

Anyway, here’s a new one to match from Dracula: Origin:

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top