• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04Charophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Who else is excited?

The first episode was slated for release sometime in June. It might be early July, but either way I’m looking forward to this one.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I played the first two or three chapters of TSL, which I intensely disliked, so I can’t say I’m excited about this, but I’m keeping an open mind.

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

If you want more info on Cognition I suggest you should check out my in-depth interview with Cesar Bittar from last month. Link

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Didn’t know about Kickstarter when this was on, but I’m freaking dying to play this! Getting very impatient, I have to say…;)

This is in spite of the fact I have Resonance, Tex Murphy: Overseer and some other indie games (Metal Dead)to keep me occupied in the meantime.

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2005-04-18

PM

Glad to see people excited about Cognition! Smile

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Hi Cesar, good to see you here.

Can you drop a hint for the release date of the first episode?

Very pumped for this!

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m waiting the game too but I’m really getting the Unforgettable vibe. Not that it would necessarily be a bad thing.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The premise is very interesting, the art looks fine, but I hate the motion comic like cutscenes that the trailer shows.

Hopefully we will get to see some of the actual game at some point. I certainly excited about it.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i will be keeping an eye on this for sure. Im not a fan of TSL stuff.. but im certainly curious to see how this turns out.

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2005-04-18

PM

We’ll have more info on release date hopefully soon. Right now, the first episode is fully playable and we are in the process of polishing it. It’s a very long episode by episode standards, with tons of gameplay and a very rich story. So far, all reactions to the game have been extremely positive from all the outside people that have been playing it. The overall 20 mins playable prologue is really strong and the plan is to release that as a demo.

We certainly learned a lot of lessons from TSL that we are applying directly to this. It’s good to finally work on our own story, and having Jane’s seal of approval is definitely very exciting.

As far as the 2D Cutscenes, I think they work really well given then overall look of the game, and there are certainly 3D moments as well. The good thing about Cognition is that it uses cameras for all conversations and a lot of the sequences, which is something I really like since it gives it that cinematic feel sometimes absent in many adventure games. So if Erica’s pulling an emotion, you can really see it in her face’s close up as she speaks, which helps the top-notch voice acting we have going.

I’m very proud of this game and can’t wait to get it in your hands!

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Thanks for the update! Can’t wait!

cesarbittar, you can’t please everyone all the time. For example, I adored the cutscenes in Grey Matter, but I know a lot of people had really severe problems with them. It’s all subjective…and there’s not much you can do to please everyone. Wink

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/31/reverb-publishing-adds-its-touch-to-jane-jensens-cognition/

Cognition now has a publisher.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2007-06-06

PM

Lucien21 - 31 July 2012 03:42 PM

Very cool! I’m really looking forward to this game, and hope it’s due to be released soon.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Kazmajik - 02 August 2012 12:41 AM
Lucien21 - 31 July 2012 03:42 PM

Very cool! I’m really looking forward to this game, and hope it’s due to be released soon.

That makes two of us. Hopefully we’ll at least know the release date soon.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

http://www.postudios.com/blog/?p=1955

This coming Saturday, YouTube Let’s Player Toegoff will be doing a 24-hour Extra Life Charity Stream to benefit the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. Among the games he’ll be playing and streaming online live is the demo of Cognition! Tune in at 2 PM EST to catch this first public glimpse of the game at Toegoff’s livestream!

Toegoff has long been a great friend and supporter of Phoenix Online, and while donations are not required to tune into the stream, we encourage viewers who are interested and able to consider donating to the charity he will be playing for. All proceeds go directly to the Children’s Miracle Network and Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh.

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top