• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

szaharici

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Which iPad for adventure games?

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

I am planing to buy an iPad. But I don’t know if I should buy iPad Air or iPad Mini. So I ask; Which is better to play adventure games?

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I know I would go for the one with the bigger screen.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

I was thinking that too, but I haven’t played any adventure games on it so I don’t know how are they played. If most adventures are played by clicking hotspots on screen with your fingers, then I think it wouldn’t be so practical.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Both the air and mini are perfect for adventure games. I myself bought the mini because although the screen is smaller at 7.9 inches it is still large enough for gaming and is easy to carry around.

Since you touch the screen to play the adventure games you might want to get the air and take advantage of it’s larger screen.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

Thanks!

I think I am going with Mini. Right now I am looking at prices and I think that Air is a little to expensive. And as long as I can play adventure games without problems, Mini will be just fine!!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

They are played by touching the screen, so bigger is better for adventure games, unless you prefer the smaller iPad for some other reason.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’ve personally came into conclusion that 7 inch screen is pretty good for most things when using the table mostly because you look at the screen so much closer. I even read digital comics on my 7 inch Android with relative ease.

My brother has a 10 inch tablet and I’ve never felt comfortable using it, as it feels too bulky to me to hold nicely. Though in the end it’s a personal preference. I’d suggest that you go to store and see for yourself which one feels better for you size wise.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Speaking of which ,I am new with the ipad shit , but I cant get Scummvm to run on it , tried everything ,read about downloading cydia and that jail-breaking stuff ,but all that cant be done on IOS7 which I have , does anyone (pleeeease) help if ,there is a way to get around this issue.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-09-12

PM

I own an ipad air and have played quite some adventure games with it. Would say that it works great on the bigger screen. Btw; jailbreak on ios7 is possible with evasion. Have not tried installing scumvm for ipad yet though.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Because I own a netbook with an 11 inch screen I wanted something with a smaller screen and the ipad mini was perfect. You can play adventure games on it very easily.

However, I can see why an ipad air would be good - but my ipad does have the retina display - which on a 7.9 inch display is very striking.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top