• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckychrissiefurgottenJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Zero Escape 3 Now Official! 

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2013-04-25

PM

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/222332-zero-escape-series-kotaro-uchikoshi-uncertain-about-the-series-future

Well I’m bummed.

Games Played: Ace Attorney (PW 1-3, Apollo Justice, Miles Investigation), Hotel Dusk and Last Window, Professor Layton (Curious Village, Diabolical Box, Unwound Future, Lost Specter), 999 and Zero Escape, Walking Dead S1-2, Trace Memory, Area-X, Time Hollow, Ghost Trick, Indian Jones FoA   Currently Playing: Portal 2, PL - Miracle Mask, Dangan Ronpa

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2008-01-10

PM

A series of tweets from Kotaro Uchikoshi’s (Writer for 999 and VLR) twitter account(https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng ):

Kotaro Uchikoshi - 13 February 2014 03:13 AM

-Well… I guess you have been curious about ZE3.

-In conclusion, unfortunately, I have to say that it is difficult to realize it “at this stage” yet, although we have done all we can.

-If possible, I’d not like to inform you of the news like this. But I decided to reveal it honestly.

-A lot of budget is needed to make ZE series. We have to persuade the managers in order to obtain it.

-The managers know that ZE series is especially valued by many users outside Japan.

-Some of them think that they want to make a sequel just as we wish.

-But, “in Japan”, 999 and VLR are in the red. They are not selling more than people think.

-I’m so sad, but all the companies exist for profit-making purposes. If the profits can’t be expected, naturally, the project isn’t approved.

-We were not able to present a convincing reasonable basis to the managers.

-Of course, I can declare with confidence, “The next title will certainly get into the black!”

-However, it’s not considered that the word have credibility. It does not become the cause of green light.

-I am very sorry to all the users who are expecting ZE3. I feel ashamed of my own inadequacies.

-BUT! please remember. I wrote “at this stage”. If the situation changes, ZE3 might be capable of being realized!

-I still haven’t given up. For example, if the title which I make next bring about a good result, the wind might shift to another direction.

-Or, if someone with executive ability (financer, producer, publisher or millionaire!) propose the investment, everything could go well.

-If there is an great investor who thinks “Virtue is its own reward”, I wish him/her to send me a message.

-If you know such a wonderful person, please induce him/her to cooperate.

-By using Facebook, you can send a direct message to me. My account name is “Kotaro Uchikoshi”. https://www.facebook.com/kotaro.uchikoshi

-(Although we also examined crowd-funding like Kick Starter, we figured the idea is not quite persuasive enough…)

-I believe there is still hope. ZE3 will definitely be released somehow, someday!

-I will continue to seek a way out in cooperation with Allies. So, I would appreciate it if you could wait until then. Thank you!

Foot in mouth

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

They should kickstart it as an english release if the sales arent great in japan. Theyd probably get a million easily.. which may not be enough, but should be enough to get them investors and pad whatever funding they had.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

God, that’s horrible…

The cliffhangers at the end of VLR left the story wide open!
The series is far too awesome not to get a conclusion. I hope they find their funding somehow!!!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2013-04-25

PM

Thanks for the thread merge! Yeah the ending for the 2nd game was only tolerable knowing there was a sequel coming Frown hope they follow the megaman creator route with KS.

Games Played: Ace Attorney (PW 1-3, Apollo Justice, Miles Investigation), Hotel Dusk and Last Window, Professor Layton (Curious Village, Diabolical Box, Unwound Future, Lost Specter), 999 and Zero Escape, Walking Dead S1-2, Trace Memory, Area-X, Time Hollow, Ghost Trick, Indian Jones FoA   Currently Playing: Portal 2, PL - Miracle Mask, Dangan Ronpa

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

They definitely should go the Kickstarter route.  I can’t see it not being a success, unless they need a lot more money than most other games have needed.

The very fact that this series has an established fan base, and that it won’t be made unless the Kickstarter is successful, would give it a huge advantage over most other campaigns.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Detective Mosely - 13 February 2014 04:06 PM

They definitely should go the Kickstarter route.  I can’t see it not being a success, unless they need a lot more money than most other games have needed.

The very fact that this series has an established fan base, and that it won’t be made unless the Kickstarter is successful, would give it a huge advantage over most other campaigns.

well speaking of mighty no. 9… their earliest stretch goal to have a current gen console release was 3.3 mil (and 3ds at 3.5).. and they definitely had their own funding as well. Making things on consoles makes everything more expensive… and ZE requires a full voice cast… very expensive. Bare absolute minimum for kickstarter would have to be 1 mil im sure.

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

zane - 13 February 2014 04:11 PM
Detective Mosely - 13 February 2014 04:06 PM

well speaking of mighty no. 9… their earliest stretch goal to have a current gen console release was 3.3 mil (and 3ds at 3.5).. and they definitely had their own funding as well. Making things on consoles makes everything more expensive… and ZE requires a full voice cast… very expensive. Bare absolute minimum for kickstarter would have to be 1 mil im sure.

I think it would get 1 mil very easily.

But if necessary they should just switch to making the game on PC only.  More potential backers, more potential customers, less cost to make.  Win, win, win.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Detective Mosely - 13 February 2014 04:13 PM

But if necessary they should just switch to making the game on PC only.  More potential backers, more potential customers, less cost to make.  Win, win, win.

Based on what?

The Japanese sales of the last game wasn’t huge.

- Zero Escape sold 9,300 copies on 3DS
- Zero Escape sold 6,500 copies on Vita

Less than 20k units.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Lucien21 - 13 February 2014 04:27 PM
Detective Mosely - 13 February 2014 04:13 PM

Based on what?

Less than 20k units.

Why are you including just Japanese sales?  The creator said himself that it sold much better overseas than in Japan.  I agree with Zane that this Kickstarter campaign should be marketed world wide.

The first game sold 250k copies in North America, while only selling 30k copies in Japan.

I don’t know the numbers for the second game, but if it sold significantly worse I’m assuming that was because less people have next-gen handhold consoles than previous generations.

If you offer a PC version, not only is that not a problem, but you’re opening yourself up to a whole new and much larger audience.  And if it was made exclusively on the PC it would likely be much cheaper to make.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

@Lucien: where did you get those numbers? What do the sales outside of Japan look like?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Lucien21 - 13 February 2014 04:27 PM

Based on what?

Less than 20k units.

outside japan was much much more im sure, and thats not including digital anyway. ZE fans are ravenous, i have no doubt theyd average $70 and get 10,000 backers long before the campaign ended, so theyd certainly break 1 M. But again.. 1 M is barely enough even assuming that they have more funding…. and we dont even know what the licensing situation is like and if they could even realistically do this at all.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

TimovieMan - 13 February 2014 04:49 PM

@Lucien: where did you get those numbers? What do the sales outside of Japan look like?

The numbers came from the developer’s own mouth.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172872

As for outside Japan sales, I can’t find any quoted numbers.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Since there is practically zero(pun) gameplay they should release Manga if all fails.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sad, these are great games.

Hopefully they find funding. The 2nd game on both the 3DS and VITA made sense, so hopefully a third released on PC, 3DS, VITA, IOS and ANDROID would work.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Apparently according to his twitter: the creator is now taking a close look at kickstarter (and the crowdfund option in general) due to fan demand Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top