• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Carleschrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Sherlock Holmes recommendations (not in 1st person view)

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-02-10

PM

I have heard wonderful things about the Sherlock Holmes games and would like some recommendations. I have already played The Testament of Sherlock Holmes and have enjoyed it, however I have heard that the older games are in first person view. Is it possible for someone to list recommendations of all the Sherlock Holmes games that are not in first person view and also those which you considered were the best. I am asking this because I have noticed I get motion sickness within a few minutes from playing adventure games that are in first person view such as The Stanley Parable and Gone Home.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2013-05-21

PM

The best Sherlock Holmes games are The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes 1 and 2 from the nineties, and they are from the 3rd person perspective.

Recently finished:
Geospots (+-)
The Fall of April (+-)
Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don’t Dry (-+)
What Remains of Edith Finch (-+)
Detective Gallo (+-)

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The Awakened Remastered features both 1st/3rd person view. I believe Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis also had the remastered edition where you can switch to 3rd-person view. Sherlock Holmes & Silver Earring is a 3rd-person game. And of course, Sherlock Holmes & Serrated Scalpel and Sherlock Holmes & Rose Tattoo are 3rd-persons as well.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The 3rd person views on those Frogware titles aren’t very good IMO. They work much better on the 1st person view.

Serrated Scalpel is a great game, though I don’t think you can get it or Rose Tattoo legally from anywhere besides used from eBay.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-02-10

PM

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. It’s just first person games with a moving view that give me headaches, games like Nancy Drew for instance which are first person but use slides of images don’t bother me. So if there are other recommendations that also fit in the category but weren’t mention above feel free to add them.

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2007-01-17

PM

There’s always the old fmv classic - Sherlock Holmes : The consulting detective.

Or there’s sherlock : the network for IOS.

Total Posts: 509

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Among Frogware’s Sherlock games, The Silver Earring is third person view only, while you can switch between first and third person view in The Awakened Remastered, Jack the Ripper and Testament of SH. I’m not aware of a remastered version of Nemesis/Arséne Lupin and The Mystery of the Mummy is first person view only.

I agree with tomimt that the implementation of the third person view in Awakened and Jack The Ripper isn’t that great, but if you were ok with Testament then the other two should work for you.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Veovis - 03 March 2014 07:50 AM

I’m not aware of a remastered version of Nemesis/Arséne Lupin

The remastered version of Sherlock vs Arsene Lupin (Nemesis) is available through the Frogwares website
http://www.frogwares.com/blog/sherlock-holmes-vs-arsene-lupin-remstared/
Also the Steam version was updated to the remastered version (which includes the 3rd person option).
As far as I know, it’s only available as a download and there was never a boxed version.

tomimt - 10 February 2014 10:26 AM

The 3rd person views on those Frogware titles aren’t very good IMO. They work much better on the 1st person view.

Although I’d agree that the Frogwares Sherlock Holmes games work better in 1st person, for those with motion sickness problems the games are certainly usable in 3rd person—though it may be necessary to switch to 1st person to orient yourself from time to time.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top