• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiertrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Blade Runner 2 - Gemini Rue

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

OK, so I got “Gemini Rue” for my ipad mini and….....it reminds me a lot of the movie “Blade Runner” and of course the fabulous game by the same name.

I mean, the music, the rain, well, EVERYTHING…...

I love the game - great fun and the graphics are cool in a very retro way.

So - any other fans of this game out there? Did they want a “Blade Runner 2” and this game made them very happy?

Makes me want to play old Amiga adventure games again!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

I loved the game. The atmosphere is really well created. I dont know if youve played it to the end yet, but the story is excellent too

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

It really is essentially Blade Runner 2 even with the story. Grin

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 188

Joined 2004-03-18

PM

A lot of stuff has that Blade Runner feel. I was never thrilled with the Blade Runner film (loved the book), but I still love that type of atmosphere.

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2013-03-30

PM

My favorite game from Wadjet Eyes.  Cool

Even if I’m not fond of “noir”, the sci-fi mood totally hooked me in.
I really miss an hardcore SF game. (no time yet to play Stasis…)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Mikekelly - 06 February 2014 08:07 PM

I love the game - great fun and the graphics are cool in a very retro way.

So - any other fans of this game out there?

While it’s not the best game ever made, it is indeed a very solid one, and it’s the one that more or less rekindled my love for AGs and sparked a LucasArts catalogue replay a few years ago (which in turn got me to join the community here).

I think it was a raving review on IGN where I first learned of Gemini Rue.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

This game shits on most of the AGs, yes the bladerunner feel is there, but if you have
been reading mangas, watching animes you will find more at home.

There are even Cowboybepop eastereggs.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Amazing game. Beatiful ending. (like Blade Runner)

Is the creator of the game working on something?

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

Very atmospheric and interesting game. I loved it - at least until a game breaking bug (involving pipes) meant I couldn’t finish it.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I quite liked Gemini Rue, especially the story, but I wouldn’t call it a Blade Runner 2.

Inspired by Blade Runner, certainly, but there is nothing unusual about that. Blade Runner has served as inspiration for hundreds if not thousands of other movies, games and books either in atmosphere or in story (or both), I even saw a movie once where I could swear they had reused part of the set from Blade Runner. Blade Runner is just one of those few movies that has made a huge mark on the genre, and where there is a clear before and after picture of the whole genre.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2012-11-09

PM

One of the best adventure games I played in the last 5 years, very atmospheric, and yes it does have that Blade Runner feel.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

@wilco…don’t know about his current work but i know he was employed by xiigames of Resonance(yet another little wadjet eye gem) at least while it was in development.no idea though if he continues to be with them.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

This game shits on most of the AGs,

I hope that this is a good thing, I recall playing an old Amiga game via an emulator that was released after I had moved onto another platform and loved it. This game has kinda the same feeling.

I went past the pipes puzzle without any trouble, so hopefully that bug was only in the PC version and not the ipad version - which could be improved over previous releases.

I’m actually going to pick up a remastered Amiga adventure game “Beneath a Steel Sky” which was a very expensive Amiga game ($59.95) when released. My Amiga was $2495 and I’m so glad prices for PCs (my netbook was $268 and games (I’m averaging now about $5.99 a game) today.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Iznogood - 07 February 2014 11:21 AM

I quite liked Gemini Rue, especially the story, but I wouldn’t call it a Blade Runner 2.

Inspired by Blade Runner, certainly, but there is nothing unusual about that. Blade Runner has served as inspiration for hundreds if not thousands of other movies, games and books either in atmosphere or in story (or both), I even saw a movie once where I could swear they had reused part of the set from Blade Runner. Blade Runner is just one of those few movies that has made a huge mark on the genre, and where there is a clear before and after picture of the whole genre.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I would not call Gemini Rue Blade Runner either. The world is clearly influenced by the movies aesthetics though.

But I do think it’s the best game Wadjet Eye has published and the one game I’d recommend people to play if they’d ask “what Wadjet Eye game they should try.”

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Every cyberpunk feels BR to everyone, but literature covered it enough to take
large cues from it, as i said 80s and 90s animes are full of cyberpunk stuff too.

Brainwashed human freaks not equal to Robots.
However Bioroids of Snatcher can be related with BR’s Replicants.

GR deals with self identity of humans.
BR deals with self identity of Robots.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top