Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

New here? Introduce yourself!

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2014-02-03

PM

Hey there folks, the name is Floyd and i am a newbie out here at this community. I am hoping for a great stay here.

Total Posts: 972

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Hey Floyd, Welcome to the forums!

I’m sure you’ll get stuck in in no time - people here are pretty cool!

How did you get into Adventure games?

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1718

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Welcome to the forums Floyd! I hope you’ll like it here.

Joined 2014-02-03

PM

Intense Degree - 05 February 2014 05:09 AM

Hey Floyd, Welcome to the forums!

I’m sure you’ll get stuck in in no time - people here are pretty cool!

How did you get into Adventure games?

Hi there, thanks for the welcome..to answer your question id’ say..well my brother was a great admirer of these so watching him engaged i grew fond of these games as well.

Joined 2014-02-03

PM

tsa - 05 February 2014 12:54 PM

Welcome to the forums Floyd! I hope you’ll like it here.

Hey there, thanks for the welcome..really appreciate that.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-12-15

PM

Ok so the topic name sounds a little pretentious but I’m used to forums where newcomers present themselves so I like to keep that tradition.

*** [edit by TimovieMan]
The topic name has since been changed to serve as a general introduction thread for all newcomers.
[/edit by TimovieMan] ***

Not much to say really, except that I’m somewhat of an old-time adventure gamer. I discovered computers and video games sometime near the end of the 80’s (sounds really old to say that) and for years I never even considered non-adventure games to be worthy of playing. I played mostly Sierra games. If I am a programmer today, it’s because the first day I played an adventure game (two in fact : Space Quest 3 and Police Quest 2), I wanted to create one myself.

Nowadays I have a more broader interest in games. I haven’t played much in the way of adventure games for the past decade, for various reasons, but I feel an urge to go back to them. I am still trying to create a video game, like I have been doing all my life, but this is the first time I feel I’m actually going somewhere. My problem has always been that I’m no graphic artist and I never really met one…

Aside from classic adventure games, I am also a big fan of Shenmue, which I believe is just the tip of the iceberg of an unexplored genre. As for the rest I’ll save it for future discussions Wink

Total Posts: 6942

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Welcome!

Diabecko - 15 December 2014 06:38 PM

I discovered computers and video games sometime near the end of the 80’s (sounds really old to say that)

In here, that’s just ‘average’, not ‘old’. Wink

Now Playing: The Last Express
Next in line: Cayne, Tex Murphy: Mean Streets, Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within, Portal 2, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
Recently finished: Portal (3/5), Machinarium (4/5), Beyond: Light Advent (post-CPT) (2.5/5), Anchorhead (CPT) (4/5), Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala (CPT) (3.5/5), Violet (CPT) (3/5), Spider and Web (CPT) (4/5), Plundered Hearts (CPT) (3.5/5), J.U.L.I.A.: Among the Stars (CPT) (4/5), Emerald City Confidential (CPT) (4/5), The Stanley Parable (4/5), ASA: A Space Adventure (CPT) (3.5/5), Gone Home (4/5), Samorost 2 (3.5/5), Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen (CPT) (3/5), STASIS (4/5)
Anticipating: Asylum, The St. Christopher’s School Lockdown, Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure, Beautiful Desolation

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-12-15

PM

TimovieMan - 15 December 2014 06:51 PM

Welcome!

I discovered computers and video games sometime near the end of the 80’s (sounds really old to say that)

In here, that’s just ‘average’, not ‘old’. Wink

Yeah, after reading a few posts here and there I realise that I’m in the average Smile. Hope I didn’t offend anyone. It’s just that I’m used to reading comments from people half my age on game forums.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2014-12-29

PM

Hello, everybody! I am Sharon, very nice to know you! I am New to the forum, I like singing, dancing and playing games. Hope we can make friends and talk anything here! Finally, wish you enjoy the day! Thanks a lot!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Welcome to the forums sharonyu! I’m tsa and I like playing adventure games Smile. Have fun here! Smile

Total Posts: 2121

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

HI Sharonyu.

Dont sing, can’t dance, but I can play games

Welcome to the site.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1593

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

HI Sharonyu and welcome to Adventuregamers. Hope you like it here and you stay Smile

Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Hi and welcome Sharonyu!

*waits for Jazz to give here welcoming speech* Wink

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 6942

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Welcome, and happy New Year!!!

Now Playing: The Last Express
Next in line: Cayne, Tex Murphy: Mean Streets, Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within, Portal 2, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
Recently finished: Portal (3/5), Machinarium (4/5), Beyond: Light Advent (post-CPT) (2.5/5), Anchorhead (CPT) (4/5), Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala (CPT) (3.5/5), Violet (CPT) (3/5), Spider and Web (CPT) (4/5), Plundered Hearts (CPT) (3.5/5), J.U.L.I.A.: Among the Stars (CPT) (4/5), Emerald City Confidential (CPT) (4/5), The Stanley Parable (4/5), ASA: A Space Adventure (CPT) (3.5/5), Gone Home (4/5), Samorost 2 (3.5/5), Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen (CPT) (3/5), STASIS (4/5)
Anticipating: Asylum, The St. Christopher’s School Lockdown, Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure, Beautiful Desolation

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

... and for years I never even considered non-adventure games to be worthy of playing.

I am still of that opinion! And by the way, you’re not that old Smile

Welcome to the forums, Diabecko!

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2006-05-09

PM

sharonyu - 29 December 2014 10:23 PM

Hello, everybody! I am Sharon, very nice to know you! I am New to the forum, I like singing, dancing and playing games. Hope we can make friends and talk anything here! Finally, wish you enjoy the day! Thanks a lot!

Hello Sharonyu…...... my name is bulldog, don’t let the name fool you, I’m harmeless most times, Tsa and Jelena will vouche for me Crazy  But I like games, I don’t dance or sing, I’m married with two great kids Heart Eyes

Welcome Laughing

Lord make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them.

Welcome to the AG forums! View the archived forums here »