• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

SERENA

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Interesting…...look forward to this:

Waiting for Serena

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Isn’t Augustin supposed to finishing Asylum?

Looks like it cmay be worth a look.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So this is what Agustin was talking in the last kickstarter update.

A little more info:
http://www.kickstartadventure.com/home/serena-a-community-designed-adventure-game/

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Twitter discussion:

#WaitingForSerena

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The game looks interesting - I like the video and I’m looking forward to getting more information on it as it becomes available.

The premise draws me in and I do want to know more about the game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I don’t know. Personally I’d like to see Asylum first. It’s been in development for years, yet there’s still no release date…

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Serena? Well, I’d be disappointed if it doesn’t qualify itself for this category. Sarcastic

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

true enough,Asylum has been in development for years but that doesn’t mean Agustin’s halted Asylum….Serena’s done by a lot of talented people and I don’t think it’s a big enough project to have taken too much time.if i remember correctly it’s been hinted at about a month ago….and it’s already announced to be released at the end of the month.clearly nothing to worry about.

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

It’s a homage to Serena Nelson, a huge AG-fan (and kickstarter backer), who was bullied by Paul Trowe (him again). It shows how strong the AG community is (both developers and players). Also, it’s a showcase of the new Senscape’s Dagon engine. I don’t think it will be a long game.

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

though the story has nothing to do with recent events involving PT.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I’m just afraid they will keep delaying Asylum, like Jonathan Boakes delays the release of The Last Crown every time he announces something new. And now that they kickstarted it, the expectations are even higher!

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

it’s been a long time since Agustin began Asylum and Dagon and from what you’ve seen it’s so far ahead(both of them) that it’s bat shit insane to start acting the way you fear they might.this is just a one-time thing.

Asylum needs time anyhow…it’s not like you were gonna get it in two months and things are ruined…..more like you might get it sometime after the summer so one more month is not a problem…the way i see it is we get another adventure game that lots of big names and talented people made…have you seen the names of the credits??

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Oh, forget it, there’s no need for another forum drama Smile If the project is important for them and if it helps to test the engine and attract people, it’s perfectly fine with me.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Doom - 26 January 2014 04:16 PM

and if it helps to test the engine and attract people

My guess is that this is the primary goal for Serena: showcasing Dagon and attracting devs for it… plus a little extra media attention before Asylum launches can’t hurt either…

It’s a business decision first and foremost, imo. And yes, those credits are wack! Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-01-26

PM

The aim of Serena was just to give a little something back to the community by allowing devs from several different projects but also fans and friends to contribute to something together that would be available for everyone. It wasn’t really made with business or showcasing concerns in mind, more just a late Christmas present!  It won’t have a noticeable affect on Asylum’s schedule any more than it will on any of the other projects the participants are involved in.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It’s out on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/272060/

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top