• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 12 January 2014

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Since I broached the subject of Hell yesterday, here’s a lovely scene from Magnetic Scrolls’ The Pawn (1985), featuring the devil himself.

*Screenshot from 1986 DOS version.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

If you look at adventures from 1985., it looks as the graphic designers of this game had some secret known only to them. Great graphics for 1985!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I liked Magnetic Scroll’s the Guild of Thieves, but don’t remember much of The Pawn. I probably didn’t enjoy it (or didn’t finish it Shifty Eyed). One thing that stands out for me is that very early in the game someone ordered me to kill an adventurer on a horse. I didn’t want to do that to a fellow-adventurer, until I found out he had been picking up objects I needed. Grin

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

diego - 12 January 2014 06:27 AM

If you look at adventures from 1985., it looks as the graphic designers of this game had some secret known only to them. Great graphics for 1985!

The original 1985 release was for the Sinclair QL and was text only. The graphics didn’t come along until the game was ported to other platforms the following year.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top