• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New adventure indie: Overlive

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-01-02

PM

Hi folks!  Wanted to introduce myself and share some info about an adventure/RPG game I just released for iOS/Android, and ask for some feedback/reviews Smile 

My name is Chris Enders and I’m an indie RPG developer from Canada, a combination that works well because I’m snowed in half the year.  Playing and creating games is my passion, and I’ve been eating up adventure games since I was a kid (Zork, Kings Quest, Eric the Unready (haha), etc).  I love games with expansive stories and lots of puzzles, so it made sense to make an adventure game on my own.

The game is called Overlive, it’s a zombie survival themed adventure/RPG that is a pain to label.  The premise is your standard “survive the zombie apocalypse and escape the city” but the gameplay plays like a non-linear “Choose Your Own Adventure” interactive story, with RPG and time management/strategy elements. 

You have a set amount of days to escape the city, and you choose to train your skills, rest, or explore each day.  You have 9 skills, including combat (melee, ranged, explosives, grappling) and non-combat (engineering, computers, lockpicking, perception, stealth).  You increase your skills through training or practicing them, and tackle the gamebook style exploration challenges using your skills.  You can get through the game using non-combat skills, although some combat is unavoidable.

There’s 8 different ways to escape/win, lots of random play, and no way to explore everything or uncover the entire plot in one play.  You can find upgrades/improvements for your home that increase your resting benefits, and unlock new training opportunities for skill increases.  The story is expansive and has lots of surprises and depth.

If you’re interested, you can find the game here: http://overlivegame.com

I’d LOVE to hear your feedback/impressions/reviews on the game.  The game is priced at $1.99 and doesn’t contain any IAP (in app purchases), limited time/moves, or any other bullshit you find in mobile games.  If people are interested I can post a few promo codes to download the game for free on iOS, or I can refund a few people on Android if they want to post impressions of the game.

Thanks for reading Smile  Here’s some screenshots:

Joined 2014-01-02

PM

Mods, tried to send you a PM to introduce myself and clear this post, but new accounts can’t send PMs for one hour… will send as soon as I can.

Joined 2014-01-02

PM

No impressions?? Frown 

Got a great review from TouchArcade, they gave it a 4/5

Here’s the best parts:

One of the things I really love about this game is just how much stuff there is to find. There are lots of little surprises and finding certain items that might seem unimportant at the time can really help you out in unexpected ways in the future…

Finding each of the endings is a good challenge that will keep even veterans of the genre busy for a while, and the frankly massive amount of events means even after finding all the endings, there will still probably be undiscovered nooks and crannies…

If you’re into adventure games or choose-your-own-adventure gamebooks, you’ll probably want to give this one a look.

Where’s the love, AdventureGamers?? Smile

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Hi, Chris and welcome to the forum! Smile

I must admit that Overlive doesn’t quite sound like my cup of tea as don’t really like zombies and I’m not into most of the elements you are fusing into your adventure game, which is why I didn’t respond to the thread at first, but then I felt bad that no one else did either Confused I must say it looks very professional, and I hope you will make decent sales.

If I may ask, why is every screenshot you’ve posted cluttered with lots of text, menus and/or bloodspatter? Is it allways like this in-game? Your background art looks very good, but because of all the foreground obstruction it’s hard to get a good look at it.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

You lost me at zombies really. The grpahics look good though.

Joined 2014-01-02

PM

Dag - 11 January 2014 08:25 PM

Hi, Chris and welcome to the forum! Smile

I must admit that Overlive doesn’t quite sound like my cup of tea as don’t really like zombies and I’m not into most of the elements you are fusing into your adventure game, which is why I didn’t respond to the thread at first, but then I felt bad that no one else did either Confused I must say it looks very professional, and I hope you will make decent sales.

If I may ask, why is every screenshot you’ve posted cluttered with lots of text, menus and/or bloodspatter? Is it allways like this in-game? Your background art looks very good, but because of all the foreground obstruction it’s hard to get a good look at it.

I liked how the background art turned out as well.  I really should replace the screenshots on the landing page with the caption-less ones, it’s a by-product of marketing to mobile users on the marketplaces.

Thanks for the kind words and feedback.

Joined 2014-01-02

PM

tomimt - 12 January 2014 03:28 AM

You lost me at zombies really. The grpahics look good though.

It’s a bit overdone at this point, though when I started it (last year) it wasn’t too bad.  I mostly like the survival situations it puts the Player in, it lets you ask really tough questions that you normally can’t ask in a fantasy or typical setting. 

Asking the Player to decide between risking starvation or stealing food from another survivor that will surely kill them, those are the kinds of questions you get to ask in apocalyptic settings.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top