• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A Poison Green

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-12-23

PM

Hi everyone!

We are a team of six people working on a game called A Poison Green. We already announced the game a few months back on the AGS forums (you can find the original complete post here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=48207.0 ), but I thought that maybe some people who don’t go there might be interested. Smile

I look forward to reading what you think about it all!

Story

Washington D.C., 2070.

Environmental diseases are the norm due to an ever-decreasing air quality that forces people to wear a mask at all times. When all legitimate plans to make a difference failed and with a passive government that dares not listen, eco-terrorism became the only way to make one’s voice heard.

Such is the world in which three people’s paths cross.

These three characters and their shattered moral compasses are at the center of a story of espionage in a city of perpetual rain, sickness and misunderstanding.

Screenshots (Work-in-Progress):

(You can click on each screenshot to see the entire background.)

As William talks to his mother, he can’t shake the feeling that she might not be able to hear him at all.

When the school director asks Elijah to “please have a seat,” it’s never good news.

Mia, on her way to yet another job interview. Whether it’s a success or a failure depends on you.

“William… I’ve found something quite worrying I think you should see.”

How about some music?

I’m glad you asked!
Here’s one of the game’s tracks:

Featuring:

-Everything you choose to say or do can have consequences for both your characters and the world around them,
-Over 50 backgrounds in 1024×768,
-Difficult (a)moral choices,
-Full English voice-acting,
-Available in EFIGS: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish.

We’re working on Chapter 2 right now, so we still have a long way to go!

I’ll post updates from time to time, so stay tuned for more! Smile

Joined 2013-12-23

PM

Adventure Gamers covered the game on their website! Thank you. Smile
http://www.adventuregamers.com/news/view/25909

Here is a work-in-progress background from Chapter 2, which we’ve started working on a few weeks ago (click to see full size):

Dead tree, dead plants, boards on the windows, green tint, depressing weather, gloomy mood… yep, that’s A Poison Green alright. Sick

Looking forward to hear what you have to say!

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2010-05-14

PM

Ah this looks awesome!I’m already dissecting the desk (where are the drawers!XD) I’ll be honest,i’m not a fan of eco terrorism or whatever but i will def give this a try:). Goodluck on chapter 2!

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

This game looks AWESOME! I’m looking forward to it!

My one question is about the resolution—1024x768 is kind of small. There will be no 1920x1080 HD resolution?

The storyline and graphics seem great so far. Keep up the good work!

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2012-11-09

PM

It seems like it could be an interesting game, the art style looks really good and the story is promising.

Joined 2013-12-23

PM

Thanks to all three of you for your comments. Smile
(SamuelGordon: I didn’t even notice there were no drawers until you told me so!)

Adventure Games Forever - 17 January 2014 07:51 AM

My one question is about the resolution—1024x768 is kind of small. There will be no 1920x1080 HD resolution?

We’re making the game on Adventure Game Studio (which was used for Gemini Rue, Resonance, Primordia, and more recently, Heroine’s Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok). Unfortunately, I believe it didn’t support resolutions higher than 1024x768 until recently.

Not that it matters, because the bottleneck right now is the graphics, with only three persons working on the visuals in their spare time. I dread to think of how much longer it would take us to make the game were we to use a higher resolution. Sick

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top