• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanHenk61

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The best Victorian Era adventure games

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Ok guys,I’m looking for some very very good Victorian Era games that you can suggest.

I already have Dracula Origin,Jekyll and Hyde(which I don’t think I’ll ever play)and The Testament of Sherlock Holmes.

Can you suggest anything nice?Horror-like?Horror mystery?Supernatural?

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened, obviously, and perhaps Jack the Ripper (1995).

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

Curse: The Eye of Isis, which—as I recall—was rather polarizing. It’s survival horror, so it has adventure elements. And while I believe the controls were pretty awful (a trait common in many fixed-angle survival horror games on the PC), some praised it for bringing the survival horror genre into Victorian England.

Here’s a review: http://justadventure.com/index.php/2013-05-20-21-09-14/1148-curse-the-eye-of-isis

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper is an excellent Victorian murder mystery and one of the best peices of Ripper fiction out there.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

gray pierce - 01 January 2014 07:53 PM

Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper is an excellent Victorian murder mystery and one of the best peices of Ripper fiction out there.

I agree. Hard to get more “Victorian England” than this game. Especially love the recreations of the murder scenes—a first for adventure games.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

You may want to consider “Alter Ego” as well:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/18457

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Actually all Frogware Sherlock Holmes games are very Victorian and very true to the age, as far as I can tell.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

tsa - 02 January 2014 04:06 PM

Actually all Frogware Sherlock Holmes games are very Victorian and very true to the age, as far as I can tell.

As far as the games are concerned that I have played (haven’t played Mystery of the Mummy and still need to play two third’s of Testament) I agree. However the main reason I specifically named SH vs Jack the Ripper is beacause it is the most historically focussed installment. Most of the SH games manage to strongly convey a feeling of Victorian London but Jack the Ripper faithfully recreates Victorian London. For a game that features a fictitious protagonist it is actually remarkably historically correct.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top