• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Let’s Vote… Episode 1: Sky

Poll: The best sky is...
Total Votes: 25
Zork: Grand Inquisitor
The Curse of Monkey Island
Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine
Quest for Glory 1

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

This is a very serious voting, people! Nerd It’s time to once and for all determine the age old question - Which AG has the most, uh, bestest… sky?

1. Zork: Grand Inquisitor

Ahh… so calm, yet mysterious. It’s looking as the Mayan prophecies will come true any moment now, bursting with explosion from behind that orangey hue.

2. The Curse of Monkey Island

With trademark pinkish and curly clouds (which look just like a giant octopus and a bone).

3. Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine

The best thing about this sky is that you can Look, Use… and even Talk with it. Grin

4. Quest for Glory 1

Just when you thought the hero saves the day, it’s The Revenge of the Evil Grey Sky!

Just missing the cut - Obsidian

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Pft, why isn’t there an option “other”

In that case I’d definitely choose Toonstruck among other ones I can’t remember right now.

Anyway I voted for The Curse of Monkey Island, but Escape From Monkey Island has quite nice sky as well

3 Skulls of the Toltecs has very specific sky as well

I just love games with fluffy clouds Heart Eyes

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I went with Curse, but these aren’t the best contentenders in the Sky section really. Quest For Glory 2 has way better skies than any of these.

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2007-11-28

PM

Went with Curse, especially cos I like that location in the game particularly.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

SweetDalilah - 25 December 2013 10:46 AM

Pft, why isn’t there an option “other”

Because “Other” would win for sure Grin

tomimt - 25 December 2013 11:50 AM

I went with Curse, but these aren’t the best contentenders in the Sky section really.

I know, it’s just that these were the quickest I’ve got my hands on Tongue

tomimt - 25 December 2013 11:50 AM

Quest For Glory 2 has way better skies than any of these.

I’ve actually considered Quest for Glory 2 before the first, but couldn’t decide between the stars, nightsky or even red version of it Grin, so I just went with the first one.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Very easy choice for me: Curse of MI ofc! Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I thought the night time views of the sky in Curse of Monkey Island were even better than the daytime views.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

crabapple - 25 December 2013 09:30 PM

I thought the night time views of the sky in Curse of Monkey Island were even better than the daytime views.

Yeah, I think so too.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Dag - 25 December 2013 10:06 PM
crabapple - 25 December 2013 09:30 PM

Yeah, I think so too.

That’s another problem - the longer I looked for a screenshot from a particular game I realized I’m finding better and better sky. Grin For example, there’s this beautiful forest scene in GI or intro to Curse. Not to mention that in Al Emmo you can Pick up, Look and Talk with sky on almost every new screen. Grin

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Blade Runner for me.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I picked The Curse of Monkey Island purely because Bill Tiller is awesome.

Tiller’s skies in The Dig are also great. See here and here, for instance.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

And the best sky is… The Curse of Monkey Island! (wait, that doesn’t sound right! )

Anyway, lets’ head to the next one! (though, you can still vote here if you want I guess Content)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top