• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

OOUS

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Not Quite Black and White 1

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2013-11-25

PM

Hi everyone!

We are Not Quite Black and White, an independent games company founded by Chris Rafferty and Romano Valerio. We are currently in preproduction on our first game, Not Quite Black and White 1 (working title), and have just launched our website today. The website is essentially a production blog, where we will dissect everything from coding and concept art, to animation, voice acting and music, so it could be of interest to people looking to get started in the business. In time, we’ll also be including playable versions of our prototypes, Skype chats and all sorts of other cool things, so please stop by and say hello.

The game itself is a 2D pixel art point and click adventure series where the human world has been torn apart by the gods. Each episode follows a girl who is on a quest to find her way off of the planet. The gods, at war with each other, have other plans for her… Ancient folklore meets science-fiction in a place that is not quite Asia, but is inspired by Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, Indian and South-Eastern Asian culture. Influenced by popular American drama television, NQBW1 will move at a breakneck pace that takes point and click adventures into the future.

http://www.notquiteblackandwhite.com

Image Attachments

Not_Quite_Black_and_White_01.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Modern 2D Point and Click Adventure \“This is No Time for Games\” Coming Soon! notquiteblackandwhite.com/tintfg

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

So, it’s not quite this, then:

And you’re not a God teaching your pet (is that a cow in your screenshot?) to do magic/miracles? Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-11-25

PM

Hah. No, not quite. And we have far less money and resources than EA. On the other hand we aren’t running a contest where you can give us your ideas for free. Maybe we should…

Modern 2D Point and Click Adventure \“This is No Time for Games\” Coming Soon! notquiteblackandwhite.com/tintfg

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Heh, and you’re probably not promising the world only to deliver a small island afterwards either, like Molyneux tends to do… Tongue

Btw, you mentioned you launched your new website, but you didn’t provide a link… Wink
I’d be interested to check it out…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-11-25

PM

Yeah, a link would have been pretty good in there…
http://www.notquiteblackandwhite.com

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top