• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GirlbrushThreepWoodrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

In the Love of Roberta Williams

Poll: The biggest hit for Roberta Williams
Total Votes: 94
King’s Quest I: Quest for the Crown
King’s Quest II: Romancing the Throne
King’s Quest III: To Heir Is Human
King’s Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella
King’s Quest V: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder!
King’s Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow
King’s Quest VII: The Princeless Bride
Shivers
Laura Bow: The Colonel’s Bequest
Laura Bow in The Dagger of Amon Ra
Phantasmagoria 1

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Oh no, don’t stop there. There’s more at 33:27. Wink

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Jackal - 24 December 2013 01:57 PM

Oh no, don’t stop there. There’s more at 33:27. Wink

yup ‘Berta rocks like her Tshirt!  Heart Eyes

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

A long Article at game studies by Laine Nooney about Archaeologies of Gender in Videogame History (with some feminism and male domination and I don’t know other stuff!)and a great mention for Roberta Williams as the only woman who had that great role and impact on games and on game companies. and how Sierra still represents the high point for women in videogames.

http://gamestudies.org/1302/articles/nooney

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Phantasmagoria: The Movie (2014)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3045366/
first I was afraid it would look like one those cheap horror movies of the 80’s but I read about the production company a little ,which seems not that really bad.
http://www.horrorsociety.com/2013/07/26/black-castle-productions-first-feature-phantasmagoria-the-movie/ ,

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

“From the multiple award-winning director Steven Shea” , from the classic Doomsday County (according to Imdb), mmm, I don’t know, probably cheap looking if it gets made.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The main actress has 10 films in pre-production!

Also, I’ve always thought Don looks a little bit like Bruce Dickinson Grin:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Doomsday County is Troma, they usually grow pretty decent horror filmmakers (Eli Roth, James Gunn). Don’t know anything about Steven Shea and Black Castle company though.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 17 January 2014 09:49 AM

Phantasmagoria: The Movie (2014)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3045366/

There’s some artwork here

Miriam Margolyes will be playing Harriet

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2004-03-14

PM

How deep in her love?

Total Posts: 188

Joined 2004-03-18

PM

Well this was certainly an unexpected twist. Out of every ‘80s-‘90s adventure game, Phantasmagoria is the one that gets turned into a movie…

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

Where the hell did that come from. I don’t know what to think, I love the game so don’t want my fragile nostalgia played with, but in this case, if it has bad acting, is that a slight or a nod? Very confusing.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Activision is planning something for ‘King’s Quest’ ...
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/activision-is-planning-something-for-kings-quest-franchise-rights-reportedly-recovered-from-telltale-games/ [updated]

no confirmation just some talk ,but I hadn’t read the part long before, when Trowe ‘once’ confirmed ‘‘Roberta Williams is interested in working with him post-Larry, depending on how the game performs’‘,Holy cow , thank god he blew it before this would happen. and also thank god also that ttg wasn’t interested afterall .

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

MoP - 20 January 2014 01:30 AM

I don’t know what to think, I love the game so don’t want my fragile nostalgia played with

It would be just another bad movie after game, in the worst case scenario. It can’t hurt the game in any way (well, apart from hurting the potential Phantasmagoria 3 Kickstarter Crazy)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

renewing my LUV

I don’t know but something about this look on her face is fabulous Heart

Image Attachments

RW.png

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Many of your fans dream of achieving what you have already achieved. Do you have any dreams of your own?

(She laughed and promptly responded.) I have dreams of retiring, going off in a sailboat around the world for about two years.”

Come on! It’s been more than 2 years! Oh, and:

“I do think it would be nice one day to not have to come out with a new game every year. I would like it when the company got to the point where other people were taking up the slack, and I could do a game every two years or so. So that I could kick back, and if my game didn’t shup for three years, so what.”

Kickstarter FTW!

http://sierrainteraction.wikidot.com/roberta-williams:the-storyteller-who-started-it-all Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top