• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cannot install The Longest Journey

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-12-11

PM

Hi everyone,
I downloaded The Longest Journey from the AdventureShop a few days ago and I can’t get it to install.  Every time I double-click on the setup file and begin installation, the installation stops with this error message (screenshot).  I have Windows 7, so I’ve tried changing the compatibility of the setup file to run in Windows 2000, XP, 98, and 95, but the installation process always stops at the same place.  I’ve clicked “ignore” to try to continue the installation process, but it stops again at various other .ovs files.  Anyone know what I should do?  Thanks.

Image Attachments

error_message.JPG

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

try to install it on different drive than the one with the operation system , and tell if it works!

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2013-07-02

PM

Are u running it as admin?
I keep U.A.C turned off on win7,though don’t do that unless you’re confident on your computer knowledge.
Another thing could be antivirus interfering with the install,so try disabling it for a few minutes.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top