• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure games for christmas?

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-12-07

PM

Hello people. We are getting closer and closer to christmas, and I was wondering. Are there any good adventures with a winter/christmas atmosphere? The only ones I can think of at the moment, are the Syberia 1 and 2 because of all the snow they have? Do you have any suggestions? Smile

Currently Playing:
Sam And Max S1E1

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

There’s the Christmas Quest games, made by the AG staff.

The Critter Chronicles has a nice winter atmostphere.

And look at these beautiful christmas trees in Duckman: Legend of the Fall Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sam & Max: Episode 201 - Ice Station Santa would be the most obvious choice I believe Smile

Alpha Polaris is another possibility.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Some more suggestions:

http://archive.adventuregamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30170
http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-850.html/viewthread/1320/

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Does Shenmue count? It’s kind of a hybrid…

Either way, I’m sticking with Shenmue Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

There is a surprising lack of winter adventures.
All I can think of are Still Life and Fahrenheit, but I’m not the one to recommend them Smile From what I’ve played, Day of the Tentacle may be the closest game to Christmas atmosphere. Especially with the 3 wacky characters constantly climbing up and down the chimney…

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

I love how we have one of these threads every year.

Since the previous two have already been mentioned I’ll just stick to the five best christmas games in my opinion.

1. Syberia 1&2: These games are practically made to play over Christmas. They’re magical and heartwarming and actually quite relaxing. There’s no huge threat. It’s really just about exploring these wonderful lands and meet some truly great characters and have a few adventures along the way. Also they have a gigantic amount of snowy landscapes.
2. Still Life: A very different kind of Christmas game. Far from relaxing and at times quite unsettling. Still Life is an edge of your seat thriller that will really keep you occupied all Christmas. The story takes place over Christmas and there is definitely quite a fair bit of snow in it. If you like movies such as Silence of the Lambs. You’ll love this one.
3. Lost Horizon: On the whole this actually doesn’t have that much snow in it although you do spend a substantial portion of the game trudging through snowy landscapes. However it really is a game in the Christmas spirit. Lighthearted and really good fun. It’s an Indiana Jones style game with quite a decent story.
4. Dreamfall: Dreamfall is a masterpiece in whichever season you play it but I guess Christmas probably is the best time to play it. It’ll pull at your heartstrings like any decent Christmas game should do though not always in a good way. And like Syberia it’s very magical. However unlike Syberia it’s not that lighthearted. In fact it’s actually downright epic. Storywise it’s a massive game with a hugely complicated plot and tons of depth and very well developed characters. It also has a lot of snow in it.

Edit: missed your mention of Syberia games. Still the other three are pretty good Christmassy games as well.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-12-07

PM

Ok wow, those all seem like really good proposals. Hadn’t realised games like still life and dreamfall give a wintery feeling, I’ll try them out.

I also realised that one game that gives me that cold winter feeling is Broken Sword 2, in the scene where George arrives at the harbor and there is a little shack with some (beans I think? don’t remember) boiling inside and smoke coming out of the chimney. It has nothing to do with christmas per se, but it gives you that feeling of cold and something warm cooking inside. I find scenes like that impressive because they still come to my mind so many years after I finished the game!

Currently Playing:
Sam And Max S1E1

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

What games do you play BEFORE Christmas?!

HA! You didn’t expect that?! You know, it’s still not snowing, but it looks like it could be any moment now, you’re fighting with the cold or flu in your sweet, warm room while the crackling sound of burning wood is… ok, you get the picture.

So, what games feel COLD, early-wintery… to you, but without the actual snow? Here’re my suggestions: Baron Wittard, and Art of Murder 3 (although, we do see a little bit of snow near the end)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

BEFORE Christmas?
I usually try to play as many adventure games possible, as fast as I can, since this is one month when we usually expect many releases (as all genres do)....

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The Walking Dead Season 2 is full of Christmas activities - tress, lights, songs, everything.

I’m playing it right now as my Xmas time of year game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top