• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

CING - Fond Memories

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

It’s been three years now since CING went bankrupt. And now some interesting information about what happened and where some of the employees are now can be found here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689421&highlight=cing

They released some of my favorite adventure games and “The Last Window” won the Aggie for adventure game of the year.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I am fan of Rika Suzuki since GlassRose and she must be hired by someone to write
another game.
She has another last interview in edge or egm,dont recall regarding closure and new
concepts.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

I loved Cing. Great atmosphere, characters and music in their games. I was living in Fukuoka in 2009-2010, and I remember buying Last Window in January 2010, only to hear they went bankrupt just two months later. I even walked past their offices then Meh

Maybe I should start playing Glass Rose, it has been in the to-be-played pile for… too long now.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Cing made a couple of great games, and they’re sorely missed.

They were the first to make use of ALL the DS’s capabilities in an adventure game (Another Code), and both Hotel Dusk and Last Window are stylized and well-written AGs.

Actually, Hotel Dusk is the game that convinced me that the DS was a more than worthwhile platform for AGs.
Plus, I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: Cing’s “sideways” use of the DS (where you hold it like a book) is an absolute stroke of genius!

I read in that link that the prolonged development of a game eventually did them in. What was the game???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

I think it was Wii’s Little King’s Story; the development took longer than expected and it didn’t sell very good.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Great team, they are severely missed in the 3DS, Wii-U library, I’m sure they would do some neat stuff with the hardware (specially the Wii-U). Kind of feels something is missing in the adventure genre in the new generation of Nintendo consoles… And now the new team gone mobile/smartphone Cry

I have yet to try Again, seems like they’re weakest effort from the reviews, but I’ll definitely play it someday. 

Edit: Dammit… a crossover Ashley and Kyle game would have been great.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-12-09

PM

A real shame. In a perfect world, we’d be seeing more of their amazing work on the Wii U and the 3DS, and we could surely use more adventure games on both .

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Well, the 3DS has a decent adventure library now, but most of the games haven’t left, or aren’t going to leave Japan Meh But yeah I’d definitely wanted to Cing playing with the hardware, as they always seemed to find new ways to surprise the player. Another Code: Journey into Lost Memories was a relatively late Wii game for example, but still had some surprising puzzles that made fun use of the hardware.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 11 December 2013 07:53 PM

I have yet to try Again, seems like they’re weakest effort from the reviews, but I’ll definitely play it someday.

It’s indeed their weakest DS effort, but it still has a couple of things going for it. It starts off pretty good with an interesting premise and a pretty cool gameplay gimmick, for instance.
Unfortunately this starts to get tedious halfway through, and the game completely fumbles the ending, leaving a clusterfuck that should be resolved in a sequel we’ll now never see… Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Again was their weakest game but still very good. Could have been better in everyway but still well worth owning and playing.

The Nintendo DS adventure game era was simply amazing and a used Nentendo DS system is available for 50-90 dollars and most of the adventure games can be had for around 3-15 dollars each.

Cing will be missed and I will be playing “The Last Window” again soon - my Nintendo DS adventure collection is going nowhere and I’m proud to own it.

Here’s a a great video of my favorite adventure game released from 2006-2012:

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top