• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Looking for a Flash programmer to join our team

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-12-02

PM

Short version: Small team with artist and writer looking for an experienced Flash / AS3 to join us as we develop a Gothic episodic, pixel-style series along the lines of The Last Door or Gemini Rue

Long version:
I’m an artist/musician and my brother is a writer, and together we’re working on a series of Gothic episodic, pixel art style adventures for Flash. We’re drawing inspiration from the recent (greatly enjoyable) series, The Last Door as well as other notable atmosphere-heavy adventures like Gemini Rue and Machinarium.

As regards art style: slightly large pixels forcing the player to use their imagination a bit, but with solid art design and mise-en-scène
Atmosphere: immersing and intricate, with powerful music and sound design
Storyline: deep and engaging, with an quasi-literary approach to character development

We’ve been wanting to create this series for a long time now, and basically considered all the AG engines at our disposal with little success. We’re a Mac-based team, and had trouble using AGS, Wintermute, and Visionaire with Wine (all were buggy to some extent).

Finally we decided to use Flash, for several reasons: the ability to do animation and programming in one program; the ability to incorporate Pixel Tools and easily do a pixel art style; and of course its compatibility with Mac.

We have some rudimentary knowledge of Flash and AS3 but not currently enough to bring the series to life. That’s where you would come in.

Send me a message if you’re interested in joining our team or would like more details!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top