• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifu

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Have games helped you be logical in real life?

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

No I’m serious. Smile Do you feel working through puzzles has actually developed your logical thinking, and creative thinking outside the box, to a point where you feel more able to solve problems and help work through things in your day to day life? I’m pretty sure it’s helped me.

Something I was doing recently where I worked out how to accomplish it, made me realise that games had to some extent trained my brain to think things through from different angles. We know from games that a puzzle is never impossible to solve. Hard sometimes yes, but there’s always a way. So we force ourselves to think outside the box until we more often than not come up with the right solutions. Pixel hunting forces us to look much, much closer which leads us to be more thorough, so I now pay more close attention to fine detail in real life. It’s those little details we miss than can sometimes make or break progressing in a game and likewise in real life conundrums.

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Roman5 - 26 November 2013 10:07 PM

Have games helped you be logical in real life?

Why, of course. Every time I come across a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle I know how to use it.

Wait a minute… I never came across a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle in MY neighbo(u)rhood.
That’s strange.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

“Life is just one big adventure game. The question is, who’s playing?”
-ancient Buddhist proverb

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

A bit like the egg and chicken question (Not the rubber chicken):

Do you play adventure games because you are good and logic and out of the box thinking, or are you good at logic and out of the box thinking because you play adventure games?

For me personally I think the egg logic and out of box thinking came first.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Iznogood - 27 November 2013 08:20 AM

A bit like the egg and chicken question (Not the rubber chicken):

Do you play adventure games because you are good and logic and out of the box thinking, or are you good at logic and out of the box thinking because you play adventure games?

For me personally I think the egg logic and out of box thinking came first.

Well, it’s both imo. Some people do of course have naturally (and sometimes brilliantly) logical minds and are well suited to adventure games. Others just like adventure games but aren’t as logically minded. So we use walkthroughs more. Grin Playing these games most definitely sharpens and develops the brain to think more logically. It has for me anyway, and I don’t even play that many games, certainly not by the standards of members here. I simply don’t have the time. But while I still don’t have the brainpower to work out puzzles in the tougher games like Rhem and even Myst to some extent, I have definitely felt big improvements in my overall thinking from playing these type of games over the years.

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top