• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 26 November 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

I’m demonstrating above what happens when one enters a radioactive environment without proper protection. Apparently you turn green and grow a third eye. Who knew?

Like yesterday’s SotD, this is a free promotional game. It’s called Captain Safety (1995), a game made by the insurance industry to teach people about how to properly handle hazardous materials and not get hurt on the job. As you can probably guess, it’s a rather easy game as the last thing you want to do in an edutainment game about safety is make it hard to actually learn about safety, particularly if it means you might have to actually pay out on a claim. That might hurt the CEO’s bonus or something.

The game starts with the theft of the Lona Misa from a museum and the police call you, Captain Safety, to retrieve the valuable painting from the clutches of criminal mastermind Danny Danger, who is holed up in his castle full of dangerous materials.

The game does have some brief action scenes, such as one where you don a hard hat and try to walk across the screen without getting hit on the head by falling blocks, but otherwise is your standard inventory based cartoon adventure game. Also, the game is playable in English, French or German for those that are wondering.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

OK, you did it: I haven’t heard of this one before.
Thumbs Up

Lona Misa

Hmmmmmmm… I wonder who that might be.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Bastich, another request: would you please post a nice pic from the interactive novel Madness of Roland? Not really a game, but you’re doing tons of fringey games and I have such good memories of it.

You didn’t honor my previous requests. Third time lucky?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Karlok - 26 November 2013 04:30 AM

Bastich, another request: would you please post a nice pic from the interactive novel Madness of Roland? Not really a game, but you’re doing tons of fringey games and I have such good memories of it.

You didn’t honor my previous requests. Third time lucky?

The first I can’t do because I don’t own the game. The 2nd I didn’t actually see, but I went back and read the threads and found it this time. I promise I will cover Who’s Fat Lou? and The Madness of Roland before the end of the year.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top