• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Name ___ Adventure Games

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Ceville
Jolly Rover (it has to be a French cook since accordion is heard, right?)
The Tales of Bingwood (not really a French accent, but every Frenchman has a big nose, right?)
Cypher

Name 3 adventures where you’re able to fly

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Deleted.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Back to the Future
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
The Black Cauldron

It’s interesting/depressing just how hard this next one is:
Name 5 adventures that were designed by 5 distinct women who never worked at Sierra. If you’re really, really desperate, a writing (rather than design) credit is acceptable.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Chivalry is Not Dead, Cirque De Zale, Puzzle Bots, Memories of a Snake, Journey to the Center of the Earth

Name 4 adventures where you can see a shark’s fin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I’ll just add more info on women in games:
Zork: Grand Inquisitor and Zork: Nemesis were designed by Sara Margaret Stohl and Cecilia Barajas respectfully.
Muriel Tramis - basically a synonym for Coktel Vision.
[s]Alexis Lang - designed Voyage, Return to the Mysterious Island and Dracula 3.[/s]
Marianne Tostivint - designed ECHO: Secrets of the Lost Cavern, Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy and The Secrets of Da Vinci Smile

PC means personal computer

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Deleted.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Doom - 25 November 2013 12:30 PM

Alexis Lang - designed Voyage, Return to the Mysterious Island and Dracula 3.

Actually, in French Alexis is a man’s name. (I’ve met Alexis Lang and he’s definitely a guy.)

A few more female designers I had in mind included Katie Hallahan (Cognition, and regular poster here), Mary DeMarle (lead writer and co-designer on Myst III and IV) and the brilliant Rika Suzuki (Hotel Dusk, Last Window).

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Kurufinwe - 25 November 2013 12:59 PM

Actually, in French Alexis is a man’s name. (I’ve met Alexis Lang and he’s definitely a guy.)

Oops, I’m terribly sorry then, I didn’t know Pan His name came to mind cause I really like those 3 games from Kheops.

Edit: I added Marianne Tostivint instead - she designed several less popular games for Kheops. She is definitely a woman, I checked it out Smile

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

There’s also Deirdra Kiai (Squinky here) who developed Dominique Pamplemousse and a string of other games…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Deleted.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 25 November 2013 04:16 PM

Diego mentioned Chivalry Is Not Dead by Deirdra Kiai.

Ah, ok. My bad.

So, how about those 4 AGs with shark fins? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Deleted.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Geez, guys, do you play a pirate adventures?  Crazy

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Deleted.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Ok, lets see - Monkey Island - yes, Missing on Lost Island - I’d say that’s a shark, Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island - THIS will suffice, and Larry 7 - yeap. Grin You may continue.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top