• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

boldy50

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

TELLTALE IS DOING GAME OF THRONES!!!! (unconfirmed but very likely)

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Sorry

I know it’s rude to post something in capitals but I just can’t contain my excitement. Game of Thrones is my no1 favorite tv show and I think there is no company better suited to adapt it than Telltale so for me this is a dream come true.

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/11/telltale-games-rumored-to-be-developing-new-game-of-thrones-video-game/#comments

So what do you guys think? Please no nonsense arguments about whether TellTale games are good but rather is this something you are looking forward too? Do you think TellTale’s style will fit the series or do you like the games but not the tv show.

Love to hear.

But remember all opinions are valid.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Cue Lambonius making daily posts for the next two months letting us know how much he dislikes Telltale…

Oh wait.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

hm!
Very curious. I suppose they would make a new story in the setting.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Press X to incest, to incest or not….choose your own adventure.

Sorry couldn’t help it Tongue

Jokes apart, i would like to see upgraded engine, some nextgen level, to
display the fantasy world in epic fashion.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

gray pierce - 22 November 2013 02:54 PM

...is this something you are looking forward too? Do you think TellTale’s style will fit the series…?

No, it is not.  No, I do not.

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

Love the TV show as well, don’t think it would work as a typical Telltale game.

There’s quite a bit of action and “movement”/transportation in the TV show (horseback riding, running, etc), so I think an action-adventure or RPG would be more fitting. Without the action and epic feel it’s not GoT, IMO. But who knows, maybe Telltale is changing their two standard formulas Smile

I haven’t played them, but The Witcher games struck me as the GoT of video games.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

gray pierce - 22 November 2013 02:54 PM

... is this something you are looking forward too? Do you think TellTale’s style will fit the series or do you like the games but not the tv show.

No to all the above questions, I don’t even like the tv show.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 22 November 2013 04:02 PM

Jokes apart, i would like to see upgraded engine, some nextgen level, to
display the fantasy world in epic fashion.

This, they really need a new engine to pull off large armies and environments, I want to see epic.
I don’t know want to think about this, I think a RPG would be better suited for the series but the other games released were mediocre so at least the story and characters will be good.

There are tons of stories they could go for but I wish they would use a setting before the events of the books (that will never finish…)

Wiener song should be present!

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Jannik - 22 November 2013 05:07 PM

I haven’t played them, but The Witcher games struck me as the GoT of video games.

That’s a pretty apt comparison, especially with The Witcher 2.  The Witcher games don’t develop the characters as well, and to really be Game of Thrones, you’d need multiple playable protagonists.  But tonally, they’re definitely similar.

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

There’s quite a bit of action and “movement”/transportation in the TV show (horseback riding, running, etc), so I think an action-adventure or RPG would be more fitting. Without the action and epic feel it’s not GoT, IMO. But who knows, maybe Telltale is changing their two standard formulas Smile

I have to disagree. Even though a good Game of Thrones RPG would be nice I think it’s not the way to go in terms of gameplay. If you look at the series. it’s 80% people talking and only 20% if not less is action. So far the only action oriented episode was Blackwater. There are even episodes that don’t contain any action at all. And I know this for sure cause I’ve seen them all at least 10 times. Some I can even recite entirely.

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2013-05-13

PM

gray pierce - 22 November 2013 07:20 PM

I have to disagree. Even though a good Game of Thrones RPG would be nice I think it’s not the way to go in terms of gameplay. If you look at the series. it’s 80% people talking and only 20% if not less is action. So far the only action oriented episode was Blackwater. There are even episodes that don’t contain any action at all. And I know this for sure cause I’ve seen them all at least 10 times. Some I can even recite entirely.

Agreed. If a game has to be done, this genre makes complete sense for it IMO.

Simon (the Sorcerer) doesn’t appreciate that you’re not following the news of his upcoming adventure!
http://www.storybeasts.com is the place to go for updates and such.

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

gray pierce - 22 November 2013 07:20 PM

I didn’t mean 50% action and 50% adventure, so I guess I partly agree Smile

The thing is, even if the action/combat is only 20% of the show, it’s very dominant because of the way it’s conceptualized - very bloody and violent and something almost every main character in the show is involved in at some point.

But I guess a The Walking Dead type game could work, if they could find a good way to implement the action. The way it’s done in The Wolf Among Us could perhaps work (haven’t played the game yet), because it sounds like the combat is tied to choices, and that would fit a GoT game well.

About choice in general, and also consequence and morality, since it’s important in GoT: I wouldn’t personally like to play as one of the more established characters, since it would feel odd to make choices that would change their personalities and agenda, but if they made us play some of the more unknown characters it could be interesting.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Intrigued and excited Grin Structurally, Game of Thrones is a near-perfect blend of drama and action, and very much suited to a Walking Dead-style game. With that said, there are many questions fizzing around in my brain right now.

Firstly, the comic book aesthetic of TWD and TWAU…I can’t imagine that working for GoT. I could see the graphics remaining somewhat stylised, but they need more of a medieval vibe, somehow.

I think covering similar ground as the TV show but from a different perspective would be the wrong way to go. They would have much more freedom if they focused on peripheral characters—people that are mentioned in passing in the books and deserve their own storyline.

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

orient - 22 November 2013 10:45 PM

Intrigued and excited Grin Structurally, Game of Thrones is a near-perfect blend of drama and action, and very much suited to a Walking Dead-style game. With that said, there are many questions fizzing around in my brain right now.

Firstly, the comic book aesthetic of TWD and TWAU…I can’t imagine that working for GoT. I could see the graphics remaining somewhat stylised, but they need more of a medieval vibe, somehow.

I think covering similar ground as the TV show but from a different perspective would be the wrong way to go. They would have much more freedom if they focused on peripheral characters—people that are mentioned in passing in the books and deserve their own storyline.

I’m thinking they might do a prequel about Robert’s rebellion. It might be interesting. Especially if you can play as both a Targaryen and as a Baratheon. Or they might go further back and do a series on Aegon’s conquests. Both I would find very interesting and have enough potential to be turned into a series of games. The hardest thing I think will be to create characters as vivid and well thought out as Martin’s. Hopefully they’ll keep him on stand by as a consultant.

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Looking forward to seeing how TellTale handles gratuitous nudity.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

rtrooney - 22 November 2013 11:07 PM

Looking forward to seeing how TellTale handles gratuitous nudity.

Is that really all that hard to imagine? Seeing how well TTG takes on maturity in Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us. I say there is a strong possibility there may be some nudity.

What I like about TTG is that they try their best to offer the heart of the show. Not the typical face value but what essentially makes the show that great. Walking Dead is a great example as people expected some action oriented gore fest, but we got a choice heavy violent emotional adventure game.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top