• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cognition - Not really sure…

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2011-03-23

PM

I have recently won all four episodes of Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller.
But I am really bad with jump scares, so I don’t know if I have any intention of playing it, although it looks really good.

Does anybody know how intense these jumpy parts are? or if not, is it possible to trade games from a GoG library?

Thanks in advance -
Ste.

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2011-02-13

PM

It’s not a horror game. More of a crime thriller. Unless you find TV shows like CSI to be terrifying, I don’t think you have much to worry about. Either way, there aren’t really any jump scares. Not that kind of game. Out of all four episodes, there was only one moment that could qualify as a “jump scare,” but that’s still stretching it a bit.

Joined 2011-03-23

PM

Peter254 - 13 November 2013 06:06 PM

It’s not a horror game. More of a crime thriller. Unless you find TV shows like CSI to be terrifying, I don’t think you have much to worry about. Either way, there aren’t really any jump scares. Not that kind of game. Out of all four episodes, there was only one moment that could qualify as a “jump scare,” but that’s still stretching it a bit.

Ah okay thank you very much, I saw some gameplay footage when you found a man hanging, and she kept having flashbacks etc with screaming, I wasn’t sure if they were throughout the entire game.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Cognition is defintiely not for the faint of heart. It’s one of the goriest, most disturbing games I’ve played. However it’s not a horror game. It does not contain jump scares and gore is frequent but usually very brief. There’s really only one puzzle that made me slightly uneasy and that was the final puzzle of ep2. But then if you can’t take that very well there’s alway a walkthrough. But truth be told it is quite a bit more intense than your average crime procedural. I’d say if you can stomach Dexter or Silence of the Lambs you’ll be fine.

And yes Cognition is pretty good. In my opinion better than some make it out to be. It has it’s flaws but overall the story is solid and the gameplay usually a lot of fun.

Joined 2011-03-23

PM

gray pierce - 13 November 2013 06:49 PM

Cognition is defintiely not for the faint of heart. It’s one of the goriest, most disturbing games I’ve played. However it’s not a horror game. It does not contain jump scares and gore is frequent but usually very brief. There’s really only one puzzle that made me slightly uneasy and that was the final puzzle of ep2. But then if you can’t take that very well there’s alway a walkthrough. But truth be told it is quite a bit more intense than your average crime procedural. I’d say if you can stomach Dexter or Silence of the Lambs you’ll be fine.

And yes Cognition is pretty good. In my opinion better than some make it out to be. It has it’s flaws but overall the story is solid and the gameplay usually a lot of fun.

I think I would enjoy watching it, or reading it. But it’s not really a game that I would play, then play again. I’d have to be in a very weird mood, lol.

I think I am going to watch the walkthroughs, or a LetsPlay of some sort, because the stoey does really interest me.

Thank you for the quick & helpful reply.
I shall just stick around for my collectors edition of BS5 for now. Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top