Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 3843

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Oscar - 01 July 2016 10:33 AM

I said I didn’t mean to imply anything.

Yet you did imply a hell of lot of things.

These errors tend to happen when a contender for a poll also manages it.

And you continue to imply those very same things.

This is why you don’t find political candidates organizing election polling.

Eh… who exactly do you think count the votes after an election?
- The members of the political parties of course! (including some civil servants - at least where I live)
And yet, despite that there has been only exactly one single case of voting fraud during my entire lifetime in my country, and only one single person was involved in that.

chrissie - 01 July 2016 11:10 AM

The ‘brave’ person who organises the voting on the CPT has to do no more (to start with) than than just update when members openly state on posts their preferences & I can’t for the life of me see why that person should be questionable just because they put forward a game that’s got ahead & they nominated themselves to lead it - there’s absolutely no ‘subterfuge’ here, & no independent non-gaming person to manage the votes is going to be interested in this trivia that is worlds apart from serious political situations!

Exactly, you want that the person who counts the votes is not allowed to take part in the actual voting him- or herself?
Good luck finding such a person.

And can we please just get back to the actual voting now!

They say money talks - But mine just waves goodbye!

Total Posts: 6133

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

fun thread..

but seriously! i don’t have an idea what is going on with Oscar these days?

if everyone here has been just a just bit conservative; stop making all those daily intense posts, we may could ‘ve been able to catch up with any of them, as no one have been able to catch up with all these recent intensive forums activities

Total Posts: 4671

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Iznogood - 01 July 2016 12:32 PM

This is why you don’t find political candidates organizing election polling.

Eh… who exactly do you think count the votes after an election?
- The members of the political parties of course! (including some civil servants - at least where I live)

WHAT!?! That’s unheard of in a democracy.

Three possibilities:
1. It’s not true and you are misinformed.
2. It’s not true and you are lying.
3. It is true and in that case there’s something rotten in the state of Denmark.

I’m glad I live in a country where such conflicts of interests are not condoned.

Total Posts: 6976

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

What’s wrong with Iznogood leading the voting process? What’s different than in all the other voting processes???

No laptop and no games make Timmy a dull boy…
No laptop and no games make Timmy a dull boy…
No latpop and no games make Timmy a dull boy…
No laptop an dno gamse make Timmy a dull boy…
Nol aptop and no games maek Timmy a dulll boy…
No laptopa nd no gmeas make Timmmy au dll boy…

Total Posts: 3110

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 01 July 2016 06:37 PM

What’s wrong with Iznogood leading the voting process? What’s different than in all the other voting processes???

Absolutely nothing! It’s the same process that was approved by the group two or three playthroughs ago.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Casual Game Developer List
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AohuMgk8BGFTdExjM2s4eGdJRGZmcWJxMUNoUTlMZVE#gid=0

Total Posts: 1452

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Looks like Dreamfall: Chapters so far. I’m finishing up Kathy Rain and knee deep in Zero Time Dilemma as we speak so this is a maybe for me.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on handheld systems- PS VITA, Nintendo DS and ipad mini.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok - 01 July 2016 09:28 AM

Worse. We now have to wait THREE whole weeks before the CP can start.

Isn’t that the group decision. Three weeks for nominations/votes. One week for votes in case of ties. Person running the vote/tally process gets to break the tie if there is still a tie after the second vote. What’s the problem?

It both simplified and codified the process. And Iz is following it to the letter. And now people have problems with the process? This was predicted to happen. So sad that people can’t even agree to agree on what they agreed to agree on.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AohuMgk8BGFTdExjM2s4eGdJRGZmcWJxMUNoUTlMZVE#gid=0

Total Posts: 4671

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 01 July 2016 08:31 PM

Isn’t that the group decision.

I wouldn’t know. I’ll take your word for it. Stopped reading that bloody awful discussion at some point.

So sad that people can’t even agree to agree on what they agreed to agree on.

Since I didn’t agree on anything, I am not one of those “people”.

Total Posts: 1906

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

rtrooney - 01 July 2016 06:49 PM
TimovieMan - 01 July 2016 06:37 PM

Absolutely nothing! It’s the same process that was approved by the group two or three playthroughs ago.

That was the process that was agreed on (if not by everyone then by the majority), and Izno was kind enough to take on this task and follow it to the letter. I’m really not sure why there are complaints now. I guess you can never please everyone.

Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened.

Total Posts: 729

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

If voting is a fixed 15 days, and voting started with Mike Kelly’s post on June 26, then voting should be finished on July 11, 9 days from now. Or am I missing something?

If voting were closed now, then Dreamfall Chapters would win with 4 people playing and maybe a few joining in who hadn’t voted for it. Sometimes voting picks up the 2nd week.

Total Posts: 3403

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The 5 star rating for Goetia doesn’t immediately mean a thing but on reading the review I’d like to put it forward as a nomination + a vote from me!

I will have finished Resonance by the time the voting finishes!

Total Posts: 8069

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’d like to nominate Black Dahlia.

I’m going to play it after I’m finished with Zero Time Dilemma so might as well but it up for voting to see if the community is interested. I can lead it but I never played it so couldn’t really tell much about the game story so would only set time frame (starting 15 July and finishing 8 August). Maybe other members could give hints and help.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Re: Black Dahlia, I love the game. I even helped write a walkthrough for it back when it first came out. But it’s not available on GOG. Don’t know about Steam. And I’m concerned that it might not be playable on current machines. I’ll tentatively vote for it if someone can tell me how you plan to get it to play.

(I recently discovered a way to get Amber - A Journey Beyond to play, but I haven’t had a chance to test it yet. So maybe there’s something similar out there for BD.)

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3403

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I have Black Dahlia & would like to play it (as I love FMV) & I’ve tried installation in the past on my Win 7 64 bit system but can’t find a way for it to work! I do have an old XP if it might work on that but I’m not too inclined at the present time to switch as trying to access the internet on it is like trawling through mud, but if I’ve got a few games that I want to try that are only accessible on XP I may think about it in the not too far future.  Smile

Total Posts: 1906

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Same here concerning Black Dhalia. I tried to install it before but couldn’t get it to run on windows 10. Any ideas how to get it to work?

Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened.

Welcome to the AG forums! View the archived forums here »