• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Time for a new community playthrough

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I think we decided a few years ago that anyone can vote in a tie.  If you’ve voted for both games, then, of course, you have to choose one.

Here are the results so far:
The Dream Machine (6) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Diego, Sefir, Chrissie, Walas74, IronCretin
The Wolf Among Us (6) - Intense Degree (leader), Karlok, Veovis, Nico2021, Chrissie, Rtrooney

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I think everything is on Chrissie’s hands…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I know I originally just voted for The Dream Machine but as I only played it about a year ago my vote goes to The Wolf Among Us.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The tie is resolved.  We could wait until tomorrow to see if anyone else votes, but I’d just as soon call The Wolf Among Us the winner of this round.  I have a pile of home repair and other real life issues that have cropped up, so it would be a favor to me if TWAU went next.  I promise to nominate The Dream Machine next time when things are (hopefully) calmer here.   

The Wolf Among Us (6) - Intense Degree (leader), Karlok, Veovis, Nico2021, Chrissie, Rtrooney

The Dream Machine (5) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Diego, Sefir, Walas74, IronCretin

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

No problem with me. Let’s go with TWAU and next time I will support The Dream Machine.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m assuming that our leader will open a thread soon. No rush. I’ve not played the game before. It has great reviews. (Although not as great as recently rated 5-star games.  Thumbs Up) It’s available on both GOG and Steam for $14.99. Does either site offer any particular bemefits?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I got the game on Steam years ago, but I haven’t played either.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Cool! I will prepare and open a thread in the next few days. See you on the other side mundies!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Is it time?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I would say it is. So as promised, I nominate The Dream Machine.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nominations and voting for community playthrough #82 will end on Monday, March 25.

I’ll offer to lead The Dream Machine if it wins.

The Dream Machine (5) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Walas74

As a reminder, these are the games nominated in the previous round:
Broken Age
Lucy Dreaming

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ll be honest! I know nothing about The Dream Machine. The one article in the database is a little sparse. I need a little more before considering a vote.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It was released in episodes, but now is available as a whole game. You can read the review of chapter 1 in our database, which will give you an idea of what to expect.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

From 2017’s Silver Aggies:

Best Episodic Finale: The Dream Machine: Chapter 6

It may have taken longer than first expected, what started way back in 2010 finally reached its rewarding conclusion in 2017 when Anders Gustafsson and Erik Zaring released their sixth and final chapter of The Dream Machine, closing the book on a momentous undertaking.

There’s good reason it took so long, of course. What makes this series stand out from the rest is immediately apparent thanks to the indie Swedish studio’s unwavering commitment to hand-crafting each episode using clay, cardboard, and other raw materials, then meticulously filming it all with stop-motion animation. With a story delving themes of the subconscious mind, each chapter has taken on a wholly unique atmosphere, as protagonist Victor Neff visits the surreal dream worlds of his family and neighbours in an effort to save his wife and the other denizens of his apartment complex via traditional point-and-click adventurey goodness.

With The Journey Down already receiving one of our main awards, offering a well-deserved Silver Aggie to The Dream Machine was a no-brainer as Best Episodic Farewell. If you’ve missed this impressive series so far, there’s no further excuse now that it’s complete!

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I only played The Dream Machine a year ago for the first time but it’s interesting enough to play again so please include my vote.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top