• News
  • Reviews
  • Games Database
  • Game Discovery
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Time for a new community playthrough

Total Posts: 5773

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 10 September 2019 08:15 AM

You, yourself have proved to be an enthusiastic & expressive playthrough leader so can understand your complete frustration at someone completely opposite with a very laid-back approach.

Hey! Thanks for the kind words, but I’m not “frustrated”! Grin Like I said, MikeKelly is doing the leader job which isn’t easy at all “by default”, and doing the favor to me, you and anyone else who wants to join. It’s probably rude to criticize someone who is doing a “favor” to you, but let’s be clear - I’m not frustrated. Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4327

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 10 September 2019 09:19 AM

You, yourself have proved to be an enthusiastic & expressive playthrough leader so can understand your complete frustration at someone completely opposite with a very laid-back approach.

Hey! Thanks for the kind words, but I’m not “frustrated”! Grin Like I said, MikeKelly is doing the leader job which isn’t easy at all “by default”, and doing the favor to me, you and anyone else who wants to join. It’s probably rude to criticize someone who is doing a “favor” to you, but let’s be clear - I’m not frustrated. Wink

I apologise for the word diego but what word would you use instead?

Total Posts: 829

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Advie - 10 September 2019 05:36 AM

I would have lead Memoria anytime with my eyes closed, but it all just happened so fast here.

If Memoria had had a leader I would have voted for it.
I didn’t think I should try to lead it myself because I don’t remember it very well.

I think it definitely helps the Community Playthrough if the leader likes the game.

Total Posts: 5773

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 10 September 2019 10:03 AM
diego - 10 September 2019 09:19 AM

I apologise for the word diego but what word would you use instead?

I was just thinking loud - I said I might join the playthrough but I wished for some more info, apart from the official synopsis Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1990

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

We have lots more information now, both from me and others - some good opinions have already been posted.

To keep the first post generic has its pros and cons. If we make the leader job easy, more people would become leaders and that would be wonderful. Too many see it as a task that takes far too much work.

Also, it allows people to express their opinions about the game without upsetting the apple cart, which is a good thing.

Anyway, I’m starting to warm up to the game on this playthrough, so I will gladly post my honest opinions on the game - good or bad.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on handheld systems- PS VITA, Nintendo DS and ipad mini.

Total Posts: 3841

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

And as I watch the progress of the current playthrough, I see no excitement.

I think the least the leader can do, when saying “this” is where we will stop, is to post a screenshot of the stopping point. No criticism intended. If you’ve lead a few games using the same formula, and nobody complained, I would continue with the status quo as well.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Casual Game Developer List
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AohuMgk8BGFTdExjM2s4eGdJRGZmcWJxMUNoUTlMZVE#gid=0

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!