• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Puzzles that are educational

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Never before playing The Curse of Monkey Island did I know that hitting one in the face with a glove is the ultimate insult to a gentleman! Smile

Some more?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

More like invitation to a duel after already being insulted by that particular gentleman in any way. And it was usually just thrown in the face - hitting was kind of extreme Smile

What I learned from Day of the Tentacle is that George Washington was after cherry trees. Not to mention his wooden teeth Gasp Very educational!

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I actually learned a simple recipe from Les Manely search for the king; which i had to add banana slices to a peanut butter toast sandwich , which I still eat until today .. it was told in the game that it was Elvis Presley’s fav meal (I am not sure its real or just for the game) ,but I really liked it .

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2013-10-31

PM

I didn’t know “halitosis” was a word until I played Monkey Island 1

Brian Zabell
Phoenix Online QA/Technical Editor

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I feel like I got to know Dutch aviation pioneer, Anton Fokker, intimately in Leisure Suit Larry 7.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Still Life taught me how to bake cookies. Badly.

The Journeyman Project games were very educational playing them at a young age. You had to know your history in order to succeed, and the game would always help you out telling you where you went wrong.

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

If you played Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon then you know how chocolate is made! Smile

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2012-08-23

PM

Not directly puzzle related, but I find AG’s to be the best for learning language. When I started playing Secret of Monkey Island I didn’t know a word of English, in most media that would be a deal breaker (books or movies would be obsolete) but because of the way AG’s work you can just hoover your cursor over a dog and understand “so THAT’s what ‘dog’ means”.
(As you can imagine tho I got REALLY stuck at the insult sword fighting!)

As for educational PUZZLES, I guess I learned that if I ever need money it’s ok to steal a credit-card from my best friend who’s also a police officer Wink (Gabriel Knight)

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I didn’t have a clue what absinthe was until I encountered it in Broken Sword. I’m sure there are more things I learned from games, but, this early in the morning I can’t remember them.

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

I’ve learned not to say ‘il ‘akl kalb to a kebab sellar. Does that count?! Crazy Laughing

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

kate me - 03 November 2013 02:40 PM

I’ve learned not to say ‘il ‘akl kalb to a kebab sellar. Does that count?! Crazy Laughing

Say what??

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Anyone else learn about surveying and archeology in Fate of Atlantis? (on Crete)

No, me neither. I don’t think I understood how I solved that puzzle.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top