• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

RESET - scifi puzzler

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

Reset looks rather fantastic… It’s for pc (so far), and they will start a crowfunding campaign soon.

From the website:
“Reset is a single player co-op first person puzzle game with a strong emphasis on story and atmosphere. The unique game mechanic in Reset is the ability to travel back in time to solve puzzles co-operatively, with yourself.”
http://reset-game.net/?page_id=2/

Beautiful in-game teaser from last year:

New gameplay video:

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Last year’s teaser completely sold me. I LOVE that clip.

I hope their crowdfunding campaign will be a success.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

Yeah, it’s pretty rare that a vague trailer along with very sparse information can almost sell a game. And with the new trailer and information the game seems even more promising.

It reminds me what Epic did with the “Mad World Gears of War trailer”, but more information was out at that point, though.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Finnish robot puzzler is on IndieGoGo now.

Adventure is not mentioned as a genre but what else can it be when it’s a puzzler that’s advertised with scifi noir mystery with a beautiful story? They’ve said it’s supposed to have a Wall-E like atmosphere (I am guessing the lonely planet more than the human ship).

I’m interested and will probably dish out that 20€, the tier prices seem a bit high though.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Reset is a single player adventure. The unique game mechanic in Reset is the ability to travel back in time to solve puzzles co-operatively with yourself. You multiply yourself by first marking a place/time of re-entry in the game world and then proceeding to complete one part of a puzzle. You then reset (jump back in time) to the re-entry mark creating two separate co-existing timelines. But the mechanic is not limited to two timelines, more elaborate puzzles have multiple timelines for some serious mind fun.

The second-to-second gameplay is similar to games like Portal but the mechanic is akin to games like The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Prometheus UDK.

Looks promising. time travel puzzles! And the graphics? How does such a small team make this kind of stuff?

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2008-10-17

PM

sci fi noir… thats right up my alley Smile

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Oh, thread merged… Didn’t notice Tongue Now, where’s the delete button?

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Oops, there was a thread already. I usually check the old threads better. But at least it was new info!

I’m a scifi and noir fan too and I love time travel puzzles, so I guess I should bother contributing though I have kinda thrown my money around too much again.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

millenia - 12 November 2013 12:20 AM

I’m a scifi and noir fan too and I love time travel puzzles, so I guess I should bother contributing though I have kinda thrown my money around too much again.

Me too.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

It looks really interesting. My only concern from watching the gameplay tutorial video is that you move very slowly, and waiting for your previous self to perform the action you just done could mean a lot of standing around. It could potentially become a bit tedious and boring.

My initial thought was “I hope there’s a run button” and “It’d be cool if you could fast-foward your previous self”.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

It looks interesting, but I’m a bit worried about the fairly-high production values. They’re only asking for a tiny amount of money, so I’m afraid that’ll translate to a very short/small game. Meh

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

*bump*

Only 4 days left on the Kickstarter IndieGoGo campaign and just a tad over half still to be raised… Frown

Here’s to hoping that IndieGoGo also has insane funding spikes on the last days…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I’d like the perspective of the game. I thought the trailers were very nice. Unfortunatly, it will not be fund.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

The project has indeed had quite a spike in the last day or so. Like 10k in a day or something. 21 hours left, with about 12k € to go. It’ll be really tight, but it’s not impossible.
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reset—4

I put in my 25 €, which is quite a lot on my budget, I have to say. Had to think it through, and I might’ve not done it if the project wasn’t in such close-but-no-cigar state of funding right now. Nevertheless, I’m really hoping it pulls through! It has the potential for something very awesome, even if there are certainly some risks especially with such a small budget and small team.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2003-11-21

PM

Not surprising, given that it got an endorsement from RockPaperShotgun yesterday Wink

It does look like an intriguing game but I am not entirely sold on its concept yet from the little we’ve seen. I also somewhat dislike first-person, especially if you are alone in an empty world, as the trailers so far suggest.

No good deed goes unpunished

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 19 December 2013 04:45 PM

*bump*

Only 4 days left on the Kickstarter IndieGoGo campaign and just a tad over half still to be raised… Frown

Here’s to hoping that IndieGoGo also has insane funding spikes on the last days…

Looks like the insane spike in on, only 5k to go in 16h.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top