• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Monday 28 October 2013 (NSFW)

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

WARNING! Graphic imagery follows! Sick Bastich, Inc., shall not be responsible for any damages due to the violent expulsion of stomach contents from viewing the scene below. Proceed with caution!

This shot brings back sweet memories. It’s been a long, long time since I’ve stripped down naked and ran through the woods licking strawberry preserves off of dirty old bones. Such were the days of my youth…

Not that I really need to identify this screenshot, but it’s from The Beast Within: A Gabriel Knight Mystery (1995), which is definitely not the best GK game but I still enjoyed it. I’ve never been able to decide whether I like this or GK3 better. I should play them back to back one day so I can properly decide.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I liked the Gabriel and Grace of the first game best. Puzzlewise GK3 stood out with Le Serpent Rouge. But for me GK2 shines with its great story, the opera finale, the marvelous cut scenes, and of course Von Glower.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I’m replaying GK2 but all I have to contribute is that Grace is simply an awful actress. I was so blown away by the FMV back when I’d played it I hadn’t even noticed, but playing it today, her acting is cringe-worthy. The script is also weird in that regard, you rarely see grown ups exhibit such open hostility.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

with its hype or rather cult here this game started to make me think that its the only one sierra gave.  fuuu!

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

meaning: Adventurerere’s posts seldom fail to baffle me.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

GK2 is a great game ,one of many!

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Yeah yeah, Advie does not like it if there is a special focus on a Sierra adventure game that does not include a mention of Roberta Williams or the Two Guys of A.

Well, this is a halloween screenshot and most of the stuff of both Williams and the two guys does not qualify to discuss in this context. (The obvious exception being Phantasmagoria ofcourse)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

hey subbi ,missed ye man!

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

With it’s decent FMV, werewolves and German village GK2 felt more like a real horror than other entries. I wish it focused on that, with less talking and walking and more gore. It had a lot of potential, but as it is, it’s my least favourite Gabriel Knight mystery. Still solid in every respect (except for the acting).

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

In fact, I was quite serious this time around.

With the scene of the day threads, we’re supposed to keep the topic on the game the scene belongs to.
There is no point in advertising all the other sierra games in this thread, no matter how much you’d like to. (As you always seem to do)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top