• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Interview with Jonathan Boakes at Gameboomers

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Gameboomers has a nice interview with Jonathan Boakes, who is is in the process of finishing the successor to The Lost Crown; The Last Crown. Whilst doing that he also made a small adventure for the fans to make the waiting period a bit easier. He tells about both games and more in the interview here: “http://www.gameboomers.com/interviews/Jonathan Boakes/GBvisitswithJonathanBoakes.htm”

Hopefully the link works if you copy/paste it into your browser’s location bar including the “s, otherwise I have no idea how to get a link with a space in it to work.

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Very interested in this but the link doesn’t seem to work.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

There’s a space in the link. I’m trying to get it to work but not succeeding. Help me!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

yup that is strange indeed , the link when posted normally doesn’t work

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

The Haunting of Keepers Cottage seems like a nice interlude for Nigel and Lucy while things are most likely to get far more intense. For 5$ I’ll buy it for sure.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Me too. Boakes said the money he earns with that game will be used for The Last Crown, so you’re even supporting a good cause when you buy it Smile.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

RayB - 26 October 2013 01:06 AM

The Haunting of Keepers Cottage seems like a nice interlude for Nigel and Lucy while things are most likely to get far more intense. For 5$ I’ll buy it for sure.

that price for backers only? or it will be available for public as well ?

anyway I like that approach very much!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

You can download it from the darkling room website IIRC. So it’s public. But he made it for the fans.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

tsa - 26 October 2013 04:36 AM

You can download it from the darkling room website IIRC. So it’s public. But he made it for the fans.

You can buy and download it here Advie.

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m going to download it the moment it becomes available! Smile

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

RayB - 26 October 2013 12:17 AM

Very interested in this but the link doesn’t seem to work.

tsa - 26 October 2013 12:18 AM

There’s a space in the link. I’m trying to get it to work but not succeeding. Help me!

Advie - 26 October 2013 12:53 AM

yup that is strange indeed , the link when posted normally doesn’t work

I can’t find a way to fix the link so that it will be properly clickable from the forum itself (which I know is what tsa is really looking for), but here’s a way for readers to correct URLs with spaces in them on their end so that their browser can understand and follow them.

How to Fix the Space in the URL

1. Copy “http://www.gameboomers.com/interviews/Jonathan Boakes/GBvisitswithJonathanBoakes.htm” without the quotes into your web browser’s URL navigation bar (but don’t hit Enter yet).

2. Replace the space in the “/Jonathan Boakes/” part with %-2-0 (but without the hyphens inbetween!) This is a special code for URLs that your web browser will reinterpret as a space. You can see how it’s used under the Example section here. Ironically I can’t type the code into the forum directly (without the hyphens), because when I do it just shows up on screen as a space. Tongue

3. Hit the Enter key to go to the linked webpage.

Backup Method

If that doesn’t work for you, and you just want to get to the interview, then of course these steps should also work:

1. Go to http://www.gameboomers.com/interviews.htm

2. Click on the link that says GameBoomers Visits With Jonathan Boakes.

Ideally, websites like GameBoomers should be avoiding using spaces in their links in the first place, and then we wouldn’t run into issues like this. Smile

The AdventureGamers mods or admins know the forum software better than I do and may have an idea on how to fix the link directly.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top