• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anyone Unlocked the “Raven in Concert” Bonus in the Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief?

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

I just finished the whole game, but couldn’t unlock this content and several others (pictures mostly).

I would really like to know what this bonus is about. Anyone who unlocked this? I guess I used too many hints.  Frown

Image Attachments

QQ??20131025143158.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Total Posts: 103

Joined 2009-07-04

PM

It’s a video of the game’s soundtrack being performed by the orchestra which KING Art uploaded on YouTube.

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Pinchpenny - 25 October 2013 05:27 AM

It’s a video of the game’s soundtrack being performed by the orchestra which KING Art uploaded on YouTube.

Thank you so much! It’s amazing to see how the soundtrack was recorded. Great music.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m not saying the music wasn’t exquisite. But when I think of how expensive it “seems” to be to make a game these days, I wonder about this kind of expense. Cost of studio. Cost of musicians. Cost of recording engineers. Cost of mixing and editing. The cost of this performance could easily hit US$100K.

I have not played Raven, so I don’t know whether this is a theme that plays throughout the game or is one that plays only during the opening and final credits.

Still, when I read about cost overruns on multi-million dollar Kickstarter budgets THIS pops into my mind.

No criticism intended. Nor implying that Raven is/was a Kickstarter project. Just saying that these kind of expenses will inevitably be passed onto the consumer.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

rtrooney - 28 October 2013 09:02 PM

I’m not saying the music wasn’t exquisite. But when I think of how expensive it “seems” to be to make a game these days, I wonder about this kind of expense. Cost of studio. Cost of musicians. Cost of recording engineers. Cost of mixing and editing. The cost of this performance could easily hit US$100K.

I have not played Raven, so I don’t know whether this is a theme that plays throughout the game or is one that plays only during the opening and final credits.

Still, when I read about cost overruns on multi-million dollar Kickstarter budgets THIS pops into my mind.

No criticism intended. Nor implying that Raven is/was a Kickstarter project. Just saying that these kind of expenses will inevitably be passed onto the consumer.

You have a point there. I also thought about the costs when I watched that Youtube video. Actually it surprised me how far game makers could go just to record soundtracks. But the music is great, and it is the theme throughout the game (I think. I just uninstalled the game).  Many great games have great music and songs to build up atmosphere. Don’t you feel quality games with just mediocre music spoils the mood somehow?

BTW, what is a Kickstarter project? I’m still learning English.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Rather I wonder whether three highly-qualified people playing synthesizers could not achieve the same result.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

vickeyee - 28 October 2013 09:24 PM

Kickstarter

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Iznogood - 28 October 2013 10:14 PM
vickeyee - 28 October 2013 09:24 PM

Kickstarter

Thank you. Still don’t quite understand how it is related to game-making… The companies raise funds from the public to sponsor their work? Aren’t they making games for profits?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

You have asked the question that has troubled us all. If these companies are making games for profit, why do they need public funding?

The simple answer is that they are hedging their bets. If the game is funded, but doesn’t sell well beyond those who funded the game, they “probably” haven’t lost any money. Whatever “boxed sets” are sold in stores, or via the internet, goes straight to the bottom line.

Do I think this is right? Absolutely not.

I do not think it is appropriate for the owners of “Intellectual Property” i.e. the rights to the game, to make consumers pay in advance for a game that may never see the light of day.

Here’s the BIG issue. If the Kickstarter campaign sets its goal at $1,000,000 and you contribute to that campaign but it fails to reach that goal, you get your money back. If, however, it reaches its goal, but fails to deliver the promised product, you have lost your “investment.” And that has regrettably happened more than a few times.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top