• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445KeybordzSpeedBozobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

PS4 or XB1??

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 23 October 2013 10:20 AM

(like AC4 Smile ) Indie stuff also looks very promising on the PS4 - (Rezogun!)

So this week i got chance to try PS4 games(in detail) at my pals crib, and
to my surprise enjoyed Knack, its typical oldschool(think PSX) game with next gen visuals and silly story but not mario/sonic silly.
Gameplay is pure fun like oldchool with random difficulty spikes which i LOVED.
Tough and timing based gameplay, maybe frustrated players i guess.

-I also happened to enjoy AC4, best thing i liked that its assassin stuff is more of
an afterthought and more Skyrim type naval simulation is steal.

I always wanted pirate simulator and got one, so no complains, also the
VO , Edward and other side characters make pirate life world whole.
Accent, attitude helps to instill feel of pirate adventure.
Gameplay is same crap but framerate makes things smoother.

I think this approach is better, put assassination and templar shit back, and
make the world/timeline as character. It can go to places in future, like
Oda times in Japan fighting on horse back or Chinese naval battles like Redcliff.

-Killzone is only graphical showpiece and shallow gameplay, my least fav KZ, missing
old visceral gameplay and locations.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Hearing quite a few complaints about the XBO. Seems really buggy.

One thing I don’t like is all but one game (Dead Rising 3) have micro transactions.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Tad - 24 November 2013 11:51 AM

Hearing quite a few complaints about the XBO. Seems really buggy.

One thing I don’t like is all but one game (Dead Rising 3) have micro transactions.

All of the Xbox one exclusive games have microtransactions.

Forza 5, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Crimson Dragon, Killer Instinct, Lococycle, and Powerstar Golf all have them.

Free to Play models that also charge $60 for the game = Disgraceful

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-23-whens-a-free-to-play-game-not-free-to-play

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Wow that is bad. Wish more reviewers called them out on it. Awful practise on a full price game.

Still going to wait till the games turn up, but PS4 seem to be ticking all the boxes at the moment.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Lucien21 - 24 November 2013 12:43 PM

Forza 5, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Crimson Dragon, Killer Instinct, Lococycle, and Powerstar Golf all have them.

Not sure where you’ve got that information from, but Lococycle does not have any microtransactions that I could see.

As for the rest, well… nothing is forcing you to pay extra. Forza’s had additional microtransactions since Forza 3, so it’s nothing new for that franchise.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Dale - 24 November 2013 03:54 PM
Lucien21 - 24 November 2013 12:43 PM

Not sure where you’ve got that information from, but Lococycle does not have any microtransactions that I could see.

As for the rest, well… nothing is forcing you to pay extra. Forza’s had additional microtransactions since Forza 3, so it’s nothing new for that franchise.

There are a lot of places on the web stating it does, but then i don’t have an xbox one.

They may be saying it’s optional, but how obtrusive is it. If it is completely buried in a menu and is never mentioned then i’m fine with it, if it’s explicit at every update screen etc then it’s BS.

However Forza 5 has totally changed the economy in the game to make Micro transactions more attractive and from the quick looks i’ve seen they blatently push the real money options.

You need to grind for a long time to get cars that would have been rewards instead of purchases or take the easy way and pay another $100 to buy a big pot of tokens.

Pan

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Eh… Permission to sit out this generation, please?

Both consoles seem like bad deals to me, especially during this initial launch state. I bought a WiiU and a 3DS because I felt confident that Nintendo would deliver quality first and second party titles and third party exclusives in the case of the 3DS. I can’t say that confidence extends to the PS4 and Xbox One.

I’m still unsure with what I’ll be getting. It seems I can do more for less money with my current PC and PS3 and I don’t know if the exclusives down the line will appeal to me. Never liked multiplayer FPS games all that much, hence me being on this forum so that rules out Xbox… and PS4 doesn’t seem to have much going on except indie games, which are all eventually going to be available on a better platform anyway, the PC.

So, I hope those with PS4s and Xbox Ones enjoy yourselves. I may not be joining you for a little while.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

You cant blame them for microtransactions, blame people who buy all that and make it standard.
Companies will test water for profits, its just that.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

thejobloshow - 24 November 2013 05:46 PM

Eh… Permission to sit out this generation, please?

Both consoles seem like bad deals to me, especially during this initial launch state. I bought a WiiU and a 3DS because I felt confident that Nintendo would deliver quality first and second party titles and third party exclusives in the case of the 3DS. I can’t say that confidence extends to the PS4 and Xbox One.

I’m still unsure with what I’ll be getting. It seems I can do more for less money with my current PC and PS3 and I don’t know if the exclusives down the line will appeal to me. Never liked multiplayer FPS games all that much, hence me being on this forum so that rules out Xbox… and PS4 doesn’t seem to have much going on except indie games, which are all eventually going to be available on a better platform anyway, the PC.

So, I hope those with PS4s and Xbox Ones enjoy yourselves. I may not be joining you for a little while.

Have to admit, I am a bit meh about the consoles at the moment. Might just be me, but nothing’s really jumping out. They both more or less have the same UI as last gen, same setups etc. No really amazing surprises or variation in games. The sad thing is, I don’t really care if they’re triple A huge budget games. I’d be happy if they were smaller budget type of games. Just feels like a continuous of last gen then a real change.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Surprisingly, after getting my PS4 which was a feat in itself at the moment, I am enjoying it. Killzone is a stunning and fulfilling experience in comparison to previous installments. Everything practically casts a soft reflection, plus the facial details are just stunning. Assassins Creed 4, which although isn’t much different compared to last gen consoles still manages to look spectacular. Now what really grabbed me wasn’t any of the main launch titles. It was Trine 2. This game has been out on the PC for some time but damn does this game look top notch. Everything is soft, comforting and yet colorful!

Anyways, what i’m really looking forward to is Watch Dogs, Infamous 3 and Walking Dead Season 2.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Tad - 25 November 2013 03:06 PM

Have to admit, I am a bit meh about the consoles at the moment. Might just be me, but nothing’s really jumping out. They both more or less have the same UI as last gen, same setups etc. No really amazing surprises or variation in games. The sad thing is, I don’t really care if they’re triple A huge budget games. I’d be happy if they were smaller budget type of games. Just feels like a continuous of last gen then a real change.

I totally agree. I’m quite underwhelmed…

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 25 November 2013 12:01 AM

You cant blame them for microtransactions, blame people who buy all that and make it standard.
Companies will test water for profits, its just that.

It is a scary trend they are setting. And I’ve seen it many times before in mobile(pvz 2 comes to mind)where design is changed to accommodate micro transactions, which lowers the quality and fun of the games. I’m not saying these games are doing that, but I’m saying it is a very slippery road to go down.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve only start messing with it but the UI, install times, multitasking of the PS4 is amazing so far. Everything is so fast.
Seriously, I was so used to leave a game installing and doing something else for half an hour on the PS3, so I was shocked to be playing AC 4 in less than one minute after inserting the disk…
The controller feels nice but the sticks feel a bit weird, probably because they are so different.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 29 November 2013 07:22 PM

I’ve only start messing with it but the UI, install times, multitasking of the PS4 is amazing so far. Everything is so fast.
Seriously, I was so used to leave a game installing and doing something else for half an hour on the PS3, so I was shocked to be playing AC 4 in less than one minute after inserting the disk…
The controller feels nice but the sticks feel a bit weird, probably because they are so different.

Yeah and Xb1 is lagging in that dept.
Installation time takes minutes, 3 to 5, against seconds on PS4.

Also i saw Euro models are Japan made Smile.

Edit:

That Euro launch, worldwar z ps4 eidtion :o

http://gearnuke.com/witness-crazy-stampede-people-getting-playstation-4-launch-france/

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 29 November 2013 07:22 PM

Yeah that was the biggest pleasant surprise for me when I first turned on the PS4. It is night and day compared to the sluggishness of the PS3. The seemless game downloads/installs, standby downloads, ability to stop a game and resume it instantly, and the speed of the whole UI is very impressive. Also the Dual shock 4 is a really great controller, and feels perfect in your hand. Gone are the days where my fingers keep slipping from the analog sticks.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top