• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Kinky Island tech demo

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I feel pretty dumb, but I can’t seem to advance in it, at all. I have a vine and a stapler, and by now I’ve exhausted all actions and item combinations with all hotspots. So, clearly I’m missing something. Does anyone remember it well enough to tell me what?

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

You are not dumb. I thought the puzzle was pretty lame. This page should give you some hints and then the solution.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=44664.60

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Oh, thanks a lot. I actually looked in the AGS forums and couldn’t find the pertinent thread.
It’s a VERY weird choice of puzzle to include in a demo meant to raise funds, but they got backed, so I guess I can’t argue with success.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

Sorry you had trouble (and it was lame).

I made that puzzle up on the spot as I wanted to hit a “release something” deadline at AGS a couple of days later. I had also been looking at and talking to a spider in my flat at the time, hence the reason that puzzle involves looking at, talking to and tracking a spider (though not in a very logical order).

The fundraiser happened many months prior to this tech demo. Thanks for playing!

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I rather liked the spider. And the tracking part was clever too. What I objected to, rather loudly when I found out, was the solution depended on repeatedly trying something that did not work the first time. However that is only one puzzle in the game. I hope it is going well for you and we see it soon.

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Yeah, the puzzle is okay-ish except you had to take a sequence of actions immediately or the state of the game reset itself.
I’d tried talking to the hole and saw the eyes (so far good, though I thought it’s probably some background animation). Then you look at the hole, and you get some feedback, but nothing to tell you “now do this again right away”. And if you do anything else, then the next time everything starts anew - there’s just no way to know you’re progressing the game.
The brain thing is also amazingly useless in that screen - it’s the first screen of the game! Give us some leeway, we’re still learning the mechanics.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2013-07-02

PM

m0ds - 20 October 2013 09:38 PM

Sorry you had trouble (and it was lame).

I made that puzzle up on the spot as I wanted to hit a “release something” deadline at AGS a couple of days later. I had also been looking at and talking to a spider in my flat at the time, hence the reason that puzzle involves looking at, talking to and tracking a spider (though not in a very logical order).

The fundraiser happened many months prior to this tech demo. Thanks for playing!

U were talking to a spider o_O

P.S.. and what happened to the full version?
I was looking forward to it Smile

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

TY. Yes. These things happen when you live alone.. Wink

We’re working on it. I’ve personally been too busy publishing other people’s games to properly focus on developing my own, but assure you it’s coming together piece by piece, and highly likely to be ready toward the back end of this year. regards!

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2013-07-02

PM

That’s great to know,I’ll keep one eye firmly/casually focused in your general direction Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top