• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Wow, ‘Brothers’ is seriously one the best best games in the history of gaming.

Total Posts: 100

Joined 2009-02-07

PM

It’s a ‘Grim Fandango’, a ‘The Longest Journey’, a ‘Deus Ex 1’. A game that has made gameplay progress, while offering a great execution at the same time. A 10/10 without hesitation, and it would get the same 10/10 even if it weren’t as perfectly executed and even if the length is not spectacular.

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

Definitely my game of the year so far and a truly remarkable achievement. 

I don’t even think it’s too short. It’s just as long as it needs to be. What I know is that this was the type of experience I won’t forget so soon. 

Kudos, Mister Josef Fares!

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Don’t know if it’s one of the best games ever, but that MOMENT at the end is one of most brilliant moments I ever experienced in gaming.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Looking forward to it. It’s next in line now, as soon as I’ve finished Beyond.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 100

Joined 2009-02-07

PM

Ingmar - 16 October 2013 04:45 AM

Definitely my game of the year so far and a truly remarkable achievement. 

I don’t even think it’s too short. It’s just as long as it needs to be. What I know is that this was the type of experience I won’t forget so soon. 

Kudos, Mister Josef Fares!

Hehe, I also don’t like huge games. People often cite it as a positive but sometimes it’s just ‘enough’.

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Has anyone finished it on PC with keyboard? I tried it 15min with keyboard, and it was not very easy (although not impossible as Broken Sword 3 has given some practice, it also had WASD-arrows, if I remember correctly). I’m wondering will there be challenging parts (timed puzzles etc.) so I need to be good at controlling characters?

(And please DON’T start recommend remote now!)

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

lewuz - 16 October 2013 02:40 PM

Has anyone finished it on PC with keyboard?

I was wondering the same thing. I would really like to try the game, but the “controller required” kind of scared me away.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Emotionally i was more moved by this than Beyond or Tlou.
Scandanavian folklore was plus.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Wow! What a game! Sure it is one of the best games I ever played. I started it playing with keyboard and was getting a bit frustrated then, as soon I found out that you can use a PS3 controller with MotioninJoy, I used it. So, for those that don’t have any controller, I don’t know if it is possible to play it. But the game must be played, no matter what. It’s a must! It is easy a 5/5 stars.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I definitely count it as one of the best games I’ve ever played.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2012-06-13

PM

I completed it on keyboard. takes a bit of getting used (two). however because of the pace of the game, even messing up with the controls is never really a problem. personally i’d say go for it on keyboard. if the worst comes to the worst, play it as a two player game with same keyboard - one player controlling each brother. Controls are simply wasd and space for one brother, and cursor keys and rightctrl for other.

hope this may have been of assistance,

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Thanks bucketface! If the pace is not fast, I can manage. Smile

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

lewuz - 16 October 2013 02:40 PM

Has anyone finished it on PC with keyboard? I tried it 15min with keyboard, and it was not very easy (although not impossible as Broken Sword 3 has given some practice, it also had WASD-arrows, if I remember correctly). I’m wondering will there be challenging parts (timed puzzles etc.) so I need to be good at controlling characters?

Finally got to play and complete Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons and its absolutely fantastic!
bucketface already said that it is playable with keyboard, and I can confirm. It’s not so bad actually, only a bit getting used to. Even in a bit more tricky places its possible to control just one character at time to ease the coordination so no problems should arise to anyone. Smile
So forget the controller requirement and pick up the game if you haven’t, its magnificent!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top