• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Zak 2, the most annoying fangame project. (if you don’t understand german)

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Here’s a link, if you aren’t aweare of this Zak McKracken fan game: http://www.mckracken.net/cms/between-timespace-english.html/?change_lang=1

Some of you might have heard about this game, some of you might even have played it, as the german version of it has been released ages ago. The english version hasn’t been released, because, well they don’t seem to have enough voice talent for that…

But that’s rises one question: why in the name of all that’s good they just don’t release a version with english subtitles? Would that be too much to ask? As a finn I’ve seen my share of german cop shows and surpsiginly enough I can both listen to the dialogue in a foreign tongue and read subtitles at the same time.  And wouldn’t it be more sensible to release the english voice work later, as an additional upgrade package rather than leave a some poor chaps, who don’t understand german, hanging?

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I heard about it, but stopped paying attention to its development as there were no indications that it would be translated.

tomimt - 15 October 2013 11:20 AM

why in the name of all that’s good they just don’t release a version with english subtitles? Would that be too much to ask?

Why indeed. This goes for several other European games (German and Spanish ones in particular) that have caught my eye. A lot of European gaming companies, sadly, doesn’t seem to think there’s a market beyond their borders.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top