• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 3 October 2013 (NSFW) 

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

WARNING! Graphic imagery follows! Sick Bastich, Inc., shall not be responsible for any damages due to the violent expulsion of stomach contents from viewing the scene below. Proceed with caution!

Black Dahlia (1998) is, without a doubt, one of my favorite FMV games. It’s not perfect. It kind of loses momentum when the story shifts halfway through, but the puzzles are challenging, the way it weaves actual historical events into its fictional tale is quite interesting, and its dark theme is certainly appealing for someone with my tastes. I only wish it played better on modern PCs.

For some reason, the above scene makes me think of the children’s game “I spy with my little eye…”

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Coincidently, I’m just replaying it. Great game!

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Great game. Puzzles were some of the most difficult I’ve found in any game. One, the Rune puzzle, was actually impossible to solve given the tools you have.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

rtrooney - 03 October 2013 10:27 AM

Great game. Puzzles were some of the most difficult I’ve found in any game. One, the Rune puzzle, was actually impossible to solve given the tools you have.

Even with a walkthrough I failed to complete that one! And the card folding puzzle

But yes, one of my top 5 games of all time.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Some years ago I borrowed a friend my copy of this game - I have never seen it or him again!

I quite liked the game and I would have liked to replay it. Oh well there is probably some morale in this.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Iznogood - 03 October 2013 11:57 AM

Some years ago I borrowed a friend my copy of this game - I have never seen it or him again!

You know the game is good when someone is ready to break the friendship for it. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

By far the most difficult game I ever played.
That damn safe…

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Interestingly, I participated in writing a WT for this game. A good friend Olga Karkalas did the basic WT. Another, Janet Blackburn, did the hex code cracking for the “Skip” text entry. I did the graphics, including the cheat solution to the Rune puzzle.

This was WAY back in the days of the GAMERS forum on CompuServe.

Unlike today’s WTs, this was done in MS WORD.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I still have it, the Word WT. If anyone would be interested in seeing it send me a PM and I can send it via email.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

rtrooney - 04 October 2013 10:15 PM

I still have it, the Word WT. If anyone would be interested in seeing it send me a PM and I can send it via email.

I thought I’d take a look at the WT I have. It’s by a character called Quatro from 1998.

I only ever used it when I really had to (rather more than any other game I freely admit) but what I hadn’t noticed was the number of Easter Eggs in the game. In fact the only one I knew of was to get Jim to spin round quickly with little birds tweeting round his head (and doesn’t he tell you off for doing it afterwards?).  Apparently there are 7(!) more eggs to be found.

And, as looking at the WT reminded me, there is a patch available if anyone decides to have a go at this game (if they can find a reasonably priced copy) which resolves a number of bugs one of which, I think, is when putting a rune into the wire framework you can’t remove it afterwards even if it’s in the wrong place.

Life is what it is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top