• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

“How Lucas Arts Fell Apart”  Interesting read

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Good article on the subject:

http://kotaku.com/how-lucasarts-fell-apart-1401731043

Question to self:  Why are those people dressed like Oompa-Loompas?
Never mind.  Now I see what they did there.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

There was a thread just posted by Lucien ,somewhere (couldn’t find on my hasty search)..

but the point should we care how LucaArts fell apart, in an adventure player (like me) scoop I don’t much care, LucaArts only exists for/at its Good Old Games.. actually it sounds (for me ears) as if the news was ‘Activision fell apart’ even with all the IPs it holds for Sierra! , so nothing changes or would! either ways (standing or not)... LucasArts had fell long ago.

I don’t remember LucasArts even lunching ,installers for its old games that wont run on new systems (I might be wrong) some (at least) others did ,and for their sake ..

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2013-09-27

PM

It would appear that Lucas’ insistence upon surrounding himself with yes-men (no matter how incompetent they might be) finally took its toll and rendered the company useless. When a company’s products are a creative endeavor, there needs to be a balance of commercial viability and artistic merit (for lack of a better term), and Lucasarts sunk itself trying to milk the cash cow without feeding it good grain.

It was sad when they gave up on adventure games; their run of classics is without equal. With all their emphasis on the Star Wars games, I was kind of surprised they never made an AG. It had the potential of sustaining (or reviving, depending upon WHEN such a game would have been made) a genre in which they set the standard. I don’t believe the ‘it wouldn’t make enough money’ argument simply due to the amount of money the Star Wars movie prequels made, despite their (lack of) quality. It probably would have introduced a lot of people to AG’s who otherwise wouldn’t have played one.

But, it’s a little late now!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

El_Pollo_Diablo - 29 September 2013 08:03 PM

It had the potential of sustaining (or reviving, depending upon WHEN such a game would have been made) a genre in which they set the standard.

Angry
Only because you are New (here) Mr.El_Pollo_Diablo, will be easy on you this time   Sarcastic  Tongue

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2013-09-27

PM

Advie - 29 September 2013 08:07 PM

Only because you are New (here) Mr.El_Pollo_Diablo, will be easy on you this time   Sarcastic  Tongue

Heh, if you think you can make a case for some OTHER company seting the standard in AG’s, I’m all ears.

Errr…eyes.

Laughing

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

well you ‘ll need more senses than just your ears or eyes Tongue
Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top