• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG OST

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

And it’s not like Buena Vista Social Club is an obscure band. They’re pretty well-known to music fans worldwide, imo, thanks in part to Ry Cooder, and to Wim Wenders who made an Academy Award-nominated documentary of them.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but isn’t it great to bring in these topics, anyways. Laughing

———————- 

The Bartender: man, can you tell how many Mixed-Up Mother Goose cocktails are there?
The Guest: Sorry, but i am mixedup in my head now, and i need to goose to my mother.  Ta dum TSS(h).

What was good about the early era of adventures, which was also the early era of computing, are edument or educational games, while there are lots of those from Sierra but Mixed-Up Mother Goose differs a bit for its very light approach for young children who will feel instantly quite at home with the characters they meet and the fun completing the treasure hunting.
Also the game teaches children all (or the most important) of classical nursery rhymes… we can talk about how important these rhyme for children for hours, but let us get to the Soundtrack.

Guy Whitmore, the composer, and the games he worked at, its list can on forever.

Non-adventures might notice him for Mass Effect(2007), but with all this glory he made he has had only three adventures games that he composed, and they were all with Sierra even the first ever was this one we are about now, so it might be that all credits to the one and only Roberta Williams.
he was also behind Shivers and Shivers Two: Harvest of Souls.

If you wanna you children to sing something beautiful rather than Jay Z or Kanye West, it would be nice to let them try Mixed-Up Mother Goose (deluxe) and i choose this remake for its release date, that made it kinda up too date to children until these days as it was 20 years ago.

Mixed-Up Mother Goose (deluxe) - Little Jack Horner

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I think Ron Hubbard, George Orwell, and Philip k. Dick gave much fantasies and imagination to our generation and the generation right before us than they gave to themselves and their gen.

Normality intro will definitely grab you to it, especially when you learn the theme of the game, and that our protagonist (Kent) was arrested cuz he was happy!

I couldnt proceed much into the game because when the devs put much effort and art into the protagonist and sell the game with only him big as it’s box cover, i was sure the game is a 3rd person. I have nothing against 1st person adventures, but i could not find Sci-Fis, 1st person presentation, intriguing enough as 1st person(s) Mysteries, not with this, not with Titanic Ship.. 

Two fun facts about the game came to me thru, while looking up for its soundtrack composer.

1- There are 2 Versions with 2 different voice actors for the Kent the Protagonist;
In the UK the dev home-town, Sheffield, the game was published independently, and most of the voice actors identities were/are unknown (if not ALL), In the US version it was published by Interplay, and each one of us knows what this name meant in the 90s, so they went for Corey Feldman himself for playing Kent (voice-acting).. (Guess he was just finished shooting with Tales from the Crypt or Maverick).

Sounds great, eh? but the letdown is all digital copies available nowadays (Gog basically) have the Unkown voices/the UK version, even Steam Version, the same!.... but there is a way (i went thru Steam forums and most talks confirmed) that to listen to Corey Feldman, you will need just to tackle with the game’s Dos commands, sorry to tell after all this, you still might get some bugs with the game especially, the subtitles.

2- The develops Gremlin Interactive which was behind most of the sports games we played or released at the 90s,  Normality remain just one of the only two adventures developed by Gremlin Interactive, the other one was made previously; Litil Divil

Three Composers were credited for the game soundtrack, and i do think that has nuthin to do with a need to create an outstanding Music i.e, but i found that Gremlin has this kind of rotation it does with its employees and you can find this number of Musicians, at their whole games list.

Anyways, the game’s Composers are Neil Biggin, Pat Phelan, and Chris Adams

Normality - EDITSCRN

I have chosen this track not for how Absolutely the composing is great and ahead of its time, that is it ironically represents future and nowadays music, I am saying “ironically” because the rest of the tracks do not.

The track due to the old MIDI libraries were used in 1995, it surely lacks Power, but that isn’t a problem which any kid today can remix it with his laptop, some free programs, and good apps.
it would easily become a song as well! but however the remix direction is, the track is around 100 BPM;  it can either be House (adding constantly Bass that drum kick with each beat/click thru the whole song) or Glitch Hop, but that would take much more work with this sample (the track) beat playing style, tho the 100BPM tempo is 100%  suitable for Glitch-H.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 26 October 2018 11:56 PM

Ron Hubbard

Lolwut?
Of all the names you could have given… Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I have the boxed Interplay version of Normality, Advie, and am hoping to play it someday in ScummVM or Boxer.

TimovieMan - 27 October 2018 07:25 AM
Advie - 26 October 2018 11:56 PM

Ron Hubbard

Lolwut?
Of all the names you could have given… Grin

That was my reaction as well.  How about E.E. “Doc” Smith, H. Beam Piper, Heinlein or Clarke, to name a few.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 27 October 2018 03:15 PM

That was my reaction as well.  How about E.E. “Doc” Smith, H. Beam Piper, Heinlein or Clarke, to name a few.

Heh, my first thoughts as replacement names were Isaac Asimov and Harlan Ellison. Smile

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

TimovieMan - 27 October 2018 03:55 PM
Lady Kestrel - 27 October 2018 03:15 PM

Heh, my first thoughts as replacement names were Isaac Asimov and Harlan Ellison. Smile

Like the two of you I had no idea what Advie was thinking there Smile but my first thought was Alfred Bester should have been the alternative choice followed very quickly by Charles Logan whom you’ve probably never heard of. He only wrote one book called Shipwreck (I think he was a teacher by occupation) which is outstanding and should be much more widely read. Written about 40 years ago.

Here endeth my contribution to thread drift Innocent

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I loved Normality - I can’t honestly remember the voice acting but given I’m in the UK I’d assume it was the UK version.

And hey, don’t knock Sheffield! If it’s good enough for Doctor Who…

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

“A bit of suffering of your posion to confirm people are tasting your meals..”
Nah, noway I would have came to this idea good was it or terrible.

I hosntly can’t know how that Hubbard name came into my post… And it’s not him that I mean, even I Have no idea what genre he writes in/for anyway/how, I made my post with only Orwell&Dick;... I mean the name even hadnt even misentered instead of another one I had.
but I have do give in to the powers of siencefictiion, I guess. Lol.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

He did write SF Advie and was very popular. Wrote the Battlefield Earth books which I couldn’t stand.
However he’s more widely known as the founder of The Church Of Scientology - the less said about the better
But, to try to keep on thread, several musicians are, or were, Scientologists:

Beck
Chick Corea
Isaac Hayes
Courtney Love
Edgar Winter

All taken from here:
https://www.billboard.com/photos/6501902/celebrity-scientologists-25-shocking-members

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Really love Amanda Palmer’s In My Mind from Life is Strange:

No spoilers, but the scene in which this song is played is extremely powerful.

Fun fact, Amanda Palmer is married to Neil Gaiman, the prominent comic book author most famous for his The Sandman series.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

What about Paradigm’s ridiculous Babe I love you but I’m a T-Rex? Grin

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

And of course it’s just a short leap from T-Rex to Bowie.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

King’s Quest: Quest For the Crown - Death Theme

i never could find exactly who was behind the soundtrack.
but didn’t Al said once that he helped the Kens (when he met them ‘82-‘83) with KQ’s theme/music?!
yet it is still uncredited!!

Anyway, anyhow i am only here to say i cant imagine a world without Sierra_Online and IBM‘s  
King’s Quest: Quest For the Crown 1983-84.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Cant we make this thread like the AGSOTD and each participator post what ever they/he/she like, just for a month and every one can screw my formula and post the music of the Advenmtures he love the way he/she likes?
LK, Chrissie,Wilco, Lucien. soccerMAN,Jackel Grin, cyfoyjvx TIMO, OSCAAARR??

who wanna take Fridays? tomorrow?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top