• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG OST

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The Silent Age is a very well represented indie retro adventure with such great modern style, easily embarrassing most all well established developers out there, for how good it is.

This is an adventure that you well get stuck at, once or twice, but then the possibility of not finding the solution, is just out of the question, checking locations again with the time travel option (included as a main aspect of the gameplaying) will mostly reveal what is missed.

I couldn’t record the 1st episode soundtrack since its only for iOS, but here I found The Silent Age - Episode Two Theme leaked video for the upcoming/final (that is to be released this week) episode.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I am quite positive that Deadalic entertainment is going to reach somehow a certain business with the genre similar to how Sierra entertainment was long while ago, but not necessarily that latter’s certain glory.

It seems they never waste an opportunity on how to achieve it, I played Anna’s Quest Vol.1: Winfriede’s Tower almost two years ago, before Deadalic announcing it’s plans for a full ‘enhanced’ length adventure to be released next year, working with Krams Design the original developer of the episode released, to be merged and enhanced into the new upcoming full game.

Anna’s Quest Vol.1: Winfriede’s Tower holds out just a few several rooms/locations; around 6-7 (if I remember correctly) overall, but nevertheless they hold all of those essential adventuring elements you could encounter at any full-length classic, the game is not really challenging but somehow there, thats why I have chosen it to be that third step (after the two previously mentioned) for the new-adventure-gamers-introduction-games-guide ‘I brought myself into’ Grin, which when its played/finished you could consider your self two steps ahead the novice statues and two also away from being a full time adventure gamer.

Anna’s Quest Vol.1: Winfriede’s Tower - Trailer (2012)

Anna’s Quest - Theme Song

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I have ran out of things to say, or just not in the mood, either ways I need to get over with this new-adventurer-games-guide.

I have chosen Broken Sword 5 The Serpent’s Curse to be the step/game before the last to it.

Broken Sword 5 The Serpent’s Curse- Jasmine Breeze by Miles Gilderdale

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 19 October 2014 05:55 PM

I have ran out of this to say, or just not in the mood, either ways I need to get over with this new-adventurer-games-guide.

Why? You may be discouraged by little comments in this thread, but music is something to listen to, not much to talk about it Tongue I’m sure many discovered some cool new music from this thread.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 19 October 2014 05:57 PM
Advie - 19 October 2014 05:55 PM

I have ran out of this to say, or just not in the mood, either ways I need to get over with this new-adventurer-games-guide.

Why? You may be discouraged by little comments in this thread, but music is something to listen to, not much to talk about it Tongue I’m sure many discovered some cool new music from this thread.

yea I know , or I unders(tand/tood) this a while ago, its more about that drift I took thread by; the four past posts, and I wasn’t sure today of what should I write! or/imean should I write about the BS5 OST or about how does it fit to be the fourth adventure to be played according to ‘my made-up theory’ and to this new-adventurers-warming-up-games-to-get-fit-enough-to-play-any… hehe, see? I am starting to not make any sense, again.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The Next BIG Thing is one of the highest traditional* adventures with great production values you can encounter.
It has tons of silly easy puzzles, but I recommend it, nevertheless as the last of this introduction line to new comers (that I am about, here), to experience the whole deal, when it comes to enjoy silliness and awkward moments (and they are a lot), but don’t get me wrong its not a ‘baad’ ag, but after finishing it (and of course those previously four mentioned before) one can choose randomly/easily any adventure produced/released within the last 14-15 years with no fear of feeling as a stranger to the genre anymore, but sure gotta beware of the 80’s and 90’s titles, or you might need another 5 steps guide/program to get there safely, but I didn’t think it’s a necessity anyways Tongue Grin as I thought those will always remain for those fans; either hardcore-faithful or old timers (with all due respect to newcomers!).

The Next BIG Thing - Game-playing Preview

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

So Blonde is very strong on the gameplaying, I love how everything lead to another and how the surroundings, NPCs and the in-game descriptions change (not only from one chapter to the other) as you move along with the story, prefect design of how adventure games held in one big/huge location should be.

So Blonde - Main Theme

The soundtracks are minimal, as this main theme seems to cover almost all the in-game music with some variation of its recoding’s… it seems there was no enough care for the game’s music, developers put all their money/budget into everything else (great artwork, not bad animation, and good game design ...etc) except the game’s OST!.

Steve Ince
writing is so good, little overdone, but very good still!, and I mean by ‘overdone’ that all dialogues and descriptions are too looong, you never get a normal 5-10 words for those, ever!, its always a full paragraph ‘the least’, but that is not bad at all, just after a while you oughta start skipping a lot of them.

A lot of backtracking, in a very beautiful way, specially with surrounding changings and expanding (and everything) which happen all the time, but there is one negativity ‘one puzzle’, and just out of giving an example, not taking any credit out of this well made game; but its always those kind of puzzles made me positive that they were done deliberately in a very obvious way of saying ‘screw’ you.

Spoiler Alert

At the this screen/puzzle (below) you should be dealing with a nail/‘screw’ at the frame the window, and while its not a hot-spot (even when you point at it) and there is nothing mentioned about it at the window’s description itself , you just need (I never figured out why, even at my 2nd replay) to click the pliers on the window to remove it (the nail), yea of course who needs it to be mentioned when it shows right there in front of you?, who needs those kind of details, anyway!.. but seriously I never ever got to understand those kind of puzzles and why…! 

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Let me tell you about the time I lost my life wife, wandering the streets alone, while being hunted by KGB, lost at the open sea for almost 2 weeks, attacked by the most dreadful animals of the wilds, until I met the villagers of Nontoonyt island (however the hell it is pronounced, correctly), saved them out of Dr.Nonookee’s evil tyrannizes, became their hero and married their hot chick!...

Leisure Suit Larry (2) goes looking for love (in several wrong places) - Full Soundtracks

Al Lowe (also here as a composer) was still behind all compositions of the game’s themes and music.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 27 October 2014 12:56 PM

Let me tell you about the time I lost my life

For a second there, I thought you were quoting Fallen again… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Dr. Nonookee! Laughing

I so didn’t get that joke when I first played that game at 11 years old Smile
Aside from the obvious spoof on Dr No, naturally.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

subbi - 27 October 2014 02:24 PM

Dr. Nonookee! Laughing

I so didn’t get that joke when I first played that game at 11 years old Smile
Aside from the obvious spoof on Dr No, naturally.

I still don’t get it—probably because I’m not familiar with whatever slang term they’re alluding to.
I assume it means something like no wiener but that’s just a guess.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

crabapple - 27 October 2014 02:37 PM

I still don’t get it—probably because I’m not familiar with whatever slang term they’re alluding to.
I assume it means something like no wiener but that’s just a guess.

No Nookie, as in “no coitus”, as in Dr. NotGettingAny. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Exactly Sheldon Laughing

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I have just finished Memento Mori 2: Guardians of Immortality and i have gotten to understand Izno’s excessive admiration over the game (not that i had any doubt about his taste) its just very well produced and presented.

I had made a thread not long ago about “the best ‘lookin’ adventure” and now that I played Memento Mori 2: Guardians of Immortality I could say “I have found it/Eureka” and sorry I am not getting into any details why I consider it to be, but I can tell easily if all new ags somehow, someway could be ‘lookin’ like this, then we ‘adventurers’ would be the happiest gamers on the face of the earth. Just go grab a copy and try it yourself.

I loved the soundtracks, almost every track holds a very ‘smart’ approach (maybe calling a musical score/track ‘smart’ sounds a little odd), but I see/hear it this way; each musical theme and each time repeated (within the track itself ..i mean) the composer adds a new rhythm layer over the original rhythm groove, then a new one, and another ...etc, until the theme reaches a climax with all of those layers mixed beautifully within a great complex, but yet relaxed sound/climax.

Memento Mori 2: Guardians of Immortality - Main Theme

Uh.. and this beautiful intro song:-
Memento Mori 2: Guardians of Immortality - Intro Song ,Performed by Jill Macdonald

Music composed by Martin Novak & Mumir Hrma

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top