• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Help to remind me a title of Wild West(?) game

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

It’s not usual, but I guess it comes with the age - I’ve forgot an title of a game.
I’m not sure is it released, canned or in development, nor was it commercial or freeware. As a matter of fact, i wanted to check its status.

I remember reading a development blog a while (few years?) ago. There was quite certainly a screenshot of Indy-like character, standing on a cliff (slightly reminding Bull’s Head Hill of BS1). I think it had Wild West (or desert) setting. Rather old-school graphics. The title (or name of the hero) might have been some cliche as I was sure to remember such that.
Not sure, but I think to have read it had been long in development (by one guy?) and as it was hobby project, there were no real rush to release.

I checked some AG lists, couldn’t find it. It’s not Fester Mudd, Al Emmo, Diamon Jones…

Does it ring anyone’s bell or should I go and show myself to Dr?

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Rise of the Hidden Sun?

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Rise of the Hidden Sun.  Woooo… man, that’s biggest piece of vapourware I can think of coming out of AGS.  So many people have put work into that over the years! I did see an “update” about it a year ago, too…. but I first heard of it around 10 years ago!!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=9281.msg112752

I really hope they stop dilly-dalleying and finish it up.

Bt

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Yes, Rise of the Hidden Sun! Thanks!
Silence almost a year. Hmm. Fingers crossed it still sees a light of day soon!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Spot the references! Grin

More cool concept arts over at AGS Forum.

BTW, ROTHS is my second biggest anticipated AGS game (and that’s not a Monkey Island reference, it’s just that The Journey of Iesir is positioned slightly higher Tongue)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Oh yes, The Journey of Iesir basically hooked my with 1st screenshot, much like Patchwork did.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top