• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 30 April 2017 04:09 AM

Here kitty kitty

That dodge evasion skills are similar to his Tax skills

Slippery though reminds me of Alex quote

“It’s interesting to me that we hear so much about two players these days: Ronaldo and Messi,” Ferguson said in an impromptu appearance at the K Club in Kildare, scene of the upcoming Irish Open. “Now don’t get me wrong, Messi is a fantastic player, it’s like he’s wearing slippers when he controls the ball. But here, for me, is the difference. Messi is a Barcelona player.

“But Ronaldo could play for Stockport County and score a hat-trick. He has everything. He can shoot with both feet, head the ball, he’s as brave as a lion

Headycakesofdoom - 30 April 2017 01:25 PM

Btw Messi is cooler than ronaldo

“He is a great person, but he has no personality,” Maradona said. “He doesn’t have the personality to be a leader.”

More,

Dibos has questioned Messi’s ability to inspire the team as Diego Maradona once did and said the captain can no longer be considered the best player in the world.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

nomadsoul - 01 May 2017 01:36 AM

Here kitty kitty

“It’s interesting to me that we hear so much about two players these days: Ronaldo and Messi,” Ferguson said in an impromptu appearance at the K Club in Kildare, scene of the upcoming Irish Open. “Now don’t get me wrong, Messi is a fantastic player, it’s like he’s wearing slippers when he controls the ball. But here, for me, is the difference. Messi is a Barcelona player.

“But Ronaldo could play for Stockport County and score a hat-trick. He has everything. He can shoot with both feet, head the ball, he’s as brave as a lion

That surprises you? Alex scouted and signed Ronaldo, so of course he is proud and bragging.

“He is a great person, but he has no personality,” Maradona said. “He doesn’t have the personality to be a leader.”

More,

Dibos has questioned Messi’s ability to inspire the team as Diego Maradona once did and said the captain can no longer be considered the best player in the world.

He is a footballer. “No personality” goes without saying.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 01 May 2017 02:40 AM
nomadsoul - 01 May 2017 01:36 AM

Here kitty kitty

That surprises you? Alex scouted and signed Ronaldo, so of course he is proud and bragging.

More,

He is a footballer. “No personality” goes without saying.

In other words he is not an all rounder and hence failed(as a leader) to win international cup for Argentina, esp after two finals defeat he turned out to be a joke,
where R7 was on field coaching for the Win, C7 delivered for his nation too
Hence Wilco is so happy with him Tongue
Yes it wont hurt to have a leader and player with character to bring some flavor
Sometimes it feels too robotic of a sport if it doesnt have Players like Ibra and C7

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Character Grin

Looks like every boy band on the planet Grin

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 01 May 2017 05:17 AM

Character Grin

Looks like every boy band on the planet Grin

Care to share their height?
Majority of Hollywood celebrities are even below 6ft not just messy

And character is not just looks

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

nomadsoul - 01 May 2017 06:20 AM

Hmm. You may be right. Let’s look at his other traits.

Cristiano Ronaldo facts:
-He is a Roman Catholic. (wow! Along with >50% of western Europeans! Edgy!)

-His favourite song is i belive i can fly (a #1 r&b song as your favorite? hardcore!)

-his favorite movie is the sixth sense (omg. No one ever had that as their fave movie!)

-His favorite film star is Angelina Jolie (no way. that’s.. unheard of! What a rebel)

-Hobbies and Interests of Cristiano Ronaldo: Collecting Cars, Music, Fashion. (i’m shocked. Shocked!)

-He has once said that his favorite foods is Portuguese food (No… you’re kidding. A portuguese saying his favorite food is portuguese? This guy…)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 01 May 2017 07:03 AM
nomadsoul - 01 May 2017 06:20 AM

Hmm. You may be right. Let’s look at his other traits.

Cristiano Ronaldo facts:
-He is a Roman Catholic. (wow! Along with >50% of western Europeans! Edgy!)

-His favourite song is i belive i can fly (a #1 r&b song as your favorite? hardcore!)

-his favorite movie is the sixth sense (omg. No one ever had that as their fave movie!)

-His favorite film star is Angelina Jolie (no way. that’s.. unheard of! What a rebel)

-Hobbies and Interests of Cristiano Ronaldo: Collecting Cars, Music, Fashion. (i’m shocked. Shocked!)

-He has once said that his favorite foods is Portuguese food (No… you’re kidding. A portuguese saying his favorite food is portuguese? This guy…)

Thats a rundown of his tastes, that has no bearing how he would be socially successful in carrying himself
I was talking about Leadership traits,

Diego Maradona: Lionel Messi lacks the leadership needed to carry a team ... “He is a great person, but he has no personality,” Maradona said.

Work ethic, Leadership, lion(*Ferguson) , 6ft(model height), body etc

Besides, i am not saying he is best shit there nor he is my fav player(Zlatan is currently) but he is better than Messy, and messy taste would be even worse

Check these

And one more you would call a publicity stunt

He parties with all from Lopez to Kim…he got it all covered

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Messi lacks leadership but has carried Barcelona to prizes and Argentina to finals so many times lol…

With a bit of luck Argentina would have had won 2 copas and 1 world cup with him.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

And all this matters why?

You can’t go comparing Argentina and Portugal, and you can’t go comparing Real and Barca. They’re different clubs with different approaches and styles. For many years in a row both Messi and Ronaldo have been the two best players in the world, but they’re completely different players. That makes it impossible to compare them.

All I know is that I like Messi better as a player because for me his playing style is more enjoyable.
As for their personal lives, I really couldn’t care less…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Ronaldo stood up. Atletico bent over.

Great performance.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 02 May 2017 04:49 PM

Great performance.

Still saying not even Top 5? Tongue

Another hattrick, he is in top form. Have to say Zidane “convincing” him to rest a lot of games must helped a lot even he probably didn’t like it Smile

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 02 May 2017 05:02 PM
Origami - 02 May 2017 04:49 PM

Great performance.

Still saying not even Top 5? Tongue

Another hattrick, he is in top form. Have to say Zidane “convincing” him to rest a lot of games must helped a lot even he probably didn’t like it Smile

He has creeped into current top 5 because Bale has disappeared.
Ronaldo in his new role is playing well. Amazing instinct on that header. But let’s be honest, where was the defense on the 2nd and 3rd.

Real was stronger, and Atletico dropped the ball tactically. No pressing at all.
Sad to see how Atletico has regressed. Simeone did an amazing job for those years, but he will leave and so will Griezmann. Interesting to see what will happen to the club.

Going to be a an amazing final. Real to prolong their CL or will Buffon be able to have an amazing sendoff to his career? Or maybe Monaco youngsters be the surprise champions of Europe?

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The downfall of Atletico Madrid began with the release of Raul Garcia. He was so, so important to them. Also, Juanfran didn’t play tonight, another very important player.

I’m genuinely surprised with Ronaldo tonight, not because of a hat-trick, but because of the fact that after a long time, he played (in several occasions) like he used for Manchester United. He’s in a different role (and has been for some time) in Real Madrid (basically, a second forward), but he made runs with ball and dribbling in the vein of a winger, and was also very active in the midfield, as a “false nine”. At some instances, he returned to the position of a full back.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

diego - 02 May 2017 05:46 PM

The downfall of Atletico Madrid began with the release of Raul Garcia. He was so, so important to them. Also, Juanfran didn’t play tonight, another very important player.

I’m genuinely surprised with Ronaldo tonight, not because of a hat-trick, but because of the fact that after a long time, he played (in several occasions) like he used for Manchester United. He’s in a different role (and has been for some time) in Real Madrid (basically, a second forward), but he made runs with ball and dribbling in the vein of a winger, and was also very active in the midfield, as a “false nine”. At some instances, he returned to the position of a full back.

Actually, Ronaldo’s new role is a deep nine. But today he just worked his ass off.
He can, now that Zidane gives him games to rest. Great choice by Zidane.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top