• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough No # 24: I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I asked that previously and apparently it’s a closely guarded secret Wink until all are onboard.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

chrissie - 10 September 2013 04:06 PM

I think I’m ready to go Sefir but I was wondering about the order of the characters? Is it not better for the playthrough for us be playing the same character in each stage?

Of course it is. That’s why you won’t start playing until I tell you which character’s story we will all start playing in 14/9.  Smile

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks Sefir! - I worded my question wrongly & really just wanted confirmation that you would be directing in what order we would play the chapters!!!!!!!

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Dara100 - 10 September 2013 04:27 PM

I asked that previously and apparently it’s a closely guarded secret Wink until all are onboard.

I guess it goes without saying then that any attempts to bribe the play-through leader would be futile. Wink

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2005-07-29

PM

I got it working ok so I’m all set.

I was hoping to get it working with my surface pen but I guess Dosbox isn’t too happy about that idea, just using a mouse works fine though.

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

It’s loaded from gog. I hope it’s ready to play. I haven’t done anything, so the real test will come when we’ve been given our marching orders.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

I have never played this game…shock, me a horror connoisseur, because it was so expensive on the developer’s website. But GOG’s cheap release and this conveniently-timed playthrough have convinced me. Count me in!

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2010-06-02

PM

As I always wanted to replay the game I’d like to join the playthrough.
Unfortunately I’m a bit busy at the moment, therefore I may play rather silently along with you without contributing much to the discussions…

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

For everyone being too busy with work, moving, newborns, Mystery Manors, etc: Do not worry. I took you into consideration when I planned the playthrough’s pace.
10 days are more than enough to finish a chapter (I believe that each chapter can be finished with ease within 5 hours of gaming)

rtrooney - 10 September 2013 06:24 PM

I haven’t done anything, so the real test will come when we’ve been given our marching orders.

Try to run it to see if it plays the intro and then (if all goes well), wait for my signal. Smile

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

This is great—- I have always wanted to play this game and now I have a reason to do so. I’m going to get it from GOG this week.

I’ve seen so many people talk about this game over the years that I’m super excited to play this game at last!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve been going through the manual, and the introduction for the game there is a bit more expanded than the in-game intro - it’s a must-read, imo. Wink

In fact, that introduction has made me curious: should I read the IHNMAIMS short story before playing the game or after playing the game, or does it not matter at all?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

TimovieMan - 11 September 2013 12:35 PM

should I read the IHNMAIMS short story before playing the game or after playing the game, or does it not matter at all?

I’m wondering the same thing. I usually like reading things that go along with games, and since I realized there was a short story, I’m curious now. Don’t suppose it’s included with the GOG release? Tongue

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Fantasysci5 - 11 September 2013 12:42 PM
TimovieMan - 11 September 2013 12:35 PM

should I read the IHNMAIMS short story before playing the game or after playing the game, or does it not matter at all?

I’m wondering the same thing.

The story is entirely different in the book and in the game, though I like both. If I had to choose however, I would have played the game first.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2010-06-02

PM

I think it doesn’t matter.
I read the story after the game and to be honest: in my opinion the game is better.

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Sefir - 11 September 2013 01:08 PM

The story is entirely different in the book and in the game, though I like both. If I had to choose however, I would have played the game first.

However, paragraph three on page 28 of the manual However, this adventure
offers answers to long-asked questions raised in the original story. Who
and why is AM? Why these five miserable remnants of humanity? And
most of all, what happens next? These answers come in parts, a bit at a
time, for you to piece together as you play each adventure.
might make me thing otherwise. No? 

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream narrated by the author himself.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top