• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What are some of the best and more obscure adventure games to come out say in the last handful of years?

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2013-08-31

PM

Im just loving the site guys, love just browsing the listed games etc…but im just curious what would be some of the sort of unknown classic point and click games to come out recently?

Ive kept up for the most part on things that hit steam in terms of newer games, and buying all my old favs on gog.com etc…but what are some of the games that you all would say that are MUST plays that hit recently?

Maybe we can break it down a little further, I love all AG style games but my favorites would be fantasy, medieval etc…and weird/zany like Maniac Mansion.

Seeing the games like Mages Initiation on the way and Hero U, my excitement is through the roof. But could you guys steer me to some that are of the same bloodlines almost that I can check out and add to my list of AG titles?

Thanks in advance Cool

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-08-06

PM

Ok, check out these “rattlesnake screamers” (great games)

Cognition: Erica Reed
Amnesia
The Dark eye: chain of satinav
King Quest Silver Lining
Edna and Harvey : Harveys Eyes

Please enjoy this list

Joined 2013-08-31

PM

Playing Chains of Satinav currently, amazing game!

I will def check those out in particular, however…whoa…newer Kings Quest games? That is so awesome, checkin them out now!

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Well, what is “unknown” depends on what you know, so it’s hard for us to tell you. If you had not heard of Chains of Satinav then I would say you haven’t heard of much. All the games on vaelin’s list are very well known.

Joined 2013-08-31

PM

Zifnab - 03 September 2013 02:28 AM

Well, what is “unknown” depends on what you know, so it’s hard for us to tell you. If you had not heard of Chains of Satinav then I would say you haven’t heard of much. All the games on vaelin’s list are very well known.

Well, what I meant in my original post was that all the adventure games that have come to steam and or gog.com, whether old or new, ive bought pretty much.

At worst all I can say is I own it or played it if its a suggestion that im familiar with.

But he mentioned KQ: Silver Lining. That is a prime example of what im referring too as an unknown or obscure game, they aren’t on steam, not on gog.com…so its the type of newer AG I wouldn’t really know about unless I was really hunting. And I had no clue about their release so im pretty excited to play them!

Ive kept on the up and up with most new titles, Book of Unwritten Tales, A New beginning, Gemini rue, primordia, chains of satinav, memoria etc etc…but its these games that don’t hit the mass markets are what im looking for in terms of suggestions.

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Okay, that’s better. I can’t recall any good obscure classic-style fantasy games of recent years so I can’t help you, sorry.

Be careful with KQ Silver Lining. Apparently it’s different from the old games and many people didn’t like it. Maybe try the demo first or something.

Joined 2013-08-31

PM

They are on there for free, so we shall see. Any idea what folks didn’t like?

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I think they felt there was too much talking and cutscenes and not enough game.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

This should give you a list of pretty much everything worth playing from recent years. (Be sure to have a look at the runners-up as well.)

Also, The Silver Lining is freeware, so there’s no risk of wasting money on it. (I personally hate it.)

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top