• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalediegoLady Kestrelrtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

TLJ’s style diary

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2013-04-07

PM

Hello is there any other adventure game which use the diary same way as The Longest Journey? It’s really cool how April writes her diary during the game. I haven’t seen anything like that before…

Joined 2013-04-07

PM

So I assume there isn’t any then… But anyway, did you enjoy the diary in TLJ or did you find it annoying to read? What is your take on the diaries and long texts (without the speech) in adventure games in general?

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Can you remind me what the TLJ diary was? If it’s a long text entry written by the protagonist after you complete part of the game, I believe Timelapse did that. I’m sure there are many others.

Joined 2013-04-07

PM

Zifnab - 02 September 2013 02:23 AM

If it’s a long text entry written by the protagonist after you complete part of the game..

Yes, that is exactly what it was.

Zifnab - 02 September 2013 02:23 AM

I believe Timelapse did that. I’m sure there are many others.

“Many others”. That’s the reason why I started the thread, I need the titles of “many others”. Thanks for the Timelapse recommendation!

Joined 2013-04-07

PM

bump

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I can’t remember the exact look of TLJ diary, but Black Mirror 2 (3?) features sort of a hints/goals diary.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

I’m with Zifnab on this one. There are certainly other games that keep a running diary: e.g. one I can think of easily because I played recently is Cryo’s Egypt II: The Heliopolis Prophecy. But I don’t think any one game gets close to the quality and personal touch of April’s diary in TLJ.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

The Raven has a journal that is updated during the course of the game, keeping track of characters and plot developments. Basically it’s there as a reminder of what happened so far. It’s by far not as personal and revealing as the diary in TLJ.

Joined 2013-04-07

PM

Nice, thanks guys!

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

BS3 has (both George and Nico, have notepads you can view, right inside the inventory, that fill up as you play the game, and the game also has bonus material like TLJ) and Secret files Tunguska (sort of a diary with hints including pictures, puzzles)
I think Scratches also.
And if I remember right, the dc and remastered version of BS1 and BS 2 have diaries added. Smile

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

loved TLJ diary. The Black Mirror games have such diaries, but nothing tops April’s style Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top