• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

ATTN: Gog users and knowledgeable adventurers

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

I wanted to draw your attention to a thread going on at gog.com
Game rights thread

There are a few users there going through the motions of contacting people involved in making old games (quite a few of them being adventure games), where the publisher involved has already released some of their games on GOG (so no LucasArts or Take2) but still has some that have been unreleased. They are emailing people trying to see who has the rights. They have received feedback already from some people already and it is exciting to think that this might be speeding up the process of getting good old adventure games onto gog.

There is a list of titles they are looking into asking about in the first post and they are looking for any feedback on the games in the list and whether they are worth the effort of getting them on GOG. (The list of games continues in the thread)

I wrote about the ones I have played but I know there are a lot of people here who have a lot of knowledge of old games and might be interested in helping out.

The staff at gog have said they are following the topic and have said that it is very useful for them when deciding which games to release on gog.

I know there is a lot of old gems out there that we don’t want to see lost forever, so if this sounds like something you are interested in, it would be cool if you check it out.
Thanks.

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2005-10-04

PM

Many thanks for that link. I’d love to see who has the rights to the Discworld games. Discworld Noir is criminally underrated, and deserves to be re-released on GOG and played by millions.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Terramax - 15 August 2013 02:10 PM

Many thanks for that link. I’d love to see who has the rights to the Discworld games. Discworld Noir is criminally underrated, and deserves to be re-released on GOG and played by millions.

Yes, Terramax. Disworld Noir is one of the best. Fortunatly (for me), I own a copy but zillions don’t have the choise now to play it.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Great thread in gog.

Kind of disappointed the site slowed down in the release of classics. Probably due to a mixture of shared focus on indie games and getting more difficult to grab the rights to some classic games

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

UruBoo - 15 August 2013 02:56 PM

I own a copy but zillions don’t have the choise now to play it.

There are plenty available on Ebay, Amazon etx….

Discworld Noir at Ebay

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Bonsai - 15 August 2013 04:00 PM
UruBoo - 15 August 2013 02:56 PM

I own a copy but zillions don’t have the choise now to play it.

There are plenty available on Ebay, Amazon etx….

Discworld Noir at Ebay

I counted 35 in Ebay and 3 in Amazon. They are all used boxed games (and some are not delivered outside USA). When I said that zillions can’t get it, I meant digital download of a game that the WHOLE WORLD can get.

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

Yeah, that is one game I have been eagerly awaiting a gog release. Will those old CD-ROM’s even run on Windows 7? Even if they did I would still prefer a gog copy in the hopes that in buying from them some of the money will make it to the original creators of the game.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

You’re welcome to send suggestions my way as well if there’re any old games you would like to have on FireFlower Games. Smile

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top