• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2012-‘13 Gems that Should be added to AG’s Top 100s whenever the time of its update comes. 

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

We (posters) know that AdventureGamers Top 100 All-Time Adventure Games is only made by/with the Site staff , but it wont hurt to take it always as a reference (sure it wont) for all of us (the Adventure Fans all around the world)  for its reliability and the reliability we have toward its Crew and Staff .

The list was out December 30, 2011 and with the 10s of threads/topics followed regarding the Games that should had/have been in/within the list and due to the conclusion which eventually led that all those threads are inefficient but expressing points of view,  for its already made and what is done is done but maybe we can (just maybe again and again for the fun of it) we might be able to help AG to establish their upcoming update (which was supposed/announced to be yearly) whenever that happens sooner or later.

I wanted to post this thread at the end of this year, of course after all the awaited titles are out, but when i thought that this process of including new titles to that list wont happen in a day or two plus it would be better giving the time to think (it over) about it ,because those Gems/Games should not be just the ones you love or want to see within the list; they must be greater than that (greater than just good or Fav) , even if they happen to be with the best Adventures of one year .

Those of mine ... (imo) i believe the list would be shameful if didn’t include them :

without order.
-Edna and Harvey:The Breakout.
-The Night of the Rabbit.
-Primordia .(i know this is hard to be in the 100 of ALL TIME but i still see it deserves something as the last in the List or if not the one after the last #101)

P.S: i know that Testament of Sherlock Holmes or The Walking Dead might be a choice but honestly i am just mentioning my List without trying to be fair Judge or ..whatever Sarcastic.
P.S: you can or even maybe should post your titles if they were mentioned in a previous post by another member/poster, as that is rather healthy to the point of this Topic .

Staff Please keep out! .
LOL .. hey cant you take a joke? Sarcastic  Tongue

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Ooh, interesting question.

Personally, I think those deserve a spot:

* The Walking Dead. Possibly top-10 material. (BTW, what the hell is Portal 2 doing in the top 10? I mean, it’s a great game, but not top-10 material. Anyway, if TWD kicked it out of the top 10, I certainly wouldn’t lose sleep over it.)
* Resonance. It really needs to make the list (and I really need to replay it.)
* Virtue’s Last Reward. I know it’s never going to happen because this stupid site has something against the Zero Escape games, but personally I think it should definitely be in the top 100.

And if I want to be realistic, I think that’s it. At least among what I’ve played.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

999 and Virtue’s Last Reward should be on this list. Great games on my very best games of all time lists.

Walking Dead is a given. I’d also add Corpse Party: Book of Shadows.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Wasn’t Edna & Harvey: The Breakout out before the top 100? I thought it was.

I think the top 100 is a very good list and will be good for a long time. There’s nothing from the last 2 years that urgently needs to be entered and if one comes out, it’s going to be hard to choose a game to remove from the list.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gasp

There’s nothing from the last 2 years that urgently needs to be entered

i dont quite believe ya Oscar, what if there was an announcement for an update wouldn’t you wish for a title or 2 to get in the list ?

What about E&H itself? Tongue

it’s going to be hard to choose a game to remove from the list.

so its hard, so what? .. almost 2 years under the dream of AGs are shining back again and you tell me No because you are afraid something to be added and then removed !
so negative repose if you ask me from the Adventure Game Masochist Sarcastic or maybe you are just being Lazy.
edit: or maybe those 2 years will turn out to be a big disappointment in the age of AGaming

Total Posts: 2988

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Edna & Harvey was released before the 100-list. As was also The Whispered World.

As for 2012-13 titles, Resonance, The Cat Lady, The Walking Dead, The Night of the Rabbit and Botanicula all deserve to be in the list. Resonance, The Cat Lady and The Walking Dead particularly, should be high enough too IMO.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Like has been said I think Walking Dead and Virtue´s Last Reward should be there without a doubt.
Maybe Primordia in a low position.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sefir - 14 August 2013 03:39 AM

Edna & Harvey was released before the 100-list. As was also The Whispered World.

aha ,so Oscar i take that one about E&H back .. (only that) Wink
that leaves me out with one title and another that would never reach there.  Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have absolutely no doubt that TWD will make in on the list when or if it is updated, even though I personally wouldn’t let it anyway near any kind of list with “Top” in the title, at least not unless “Worst” is also in the title.

I agree that Edna & Harvey ought to be on the list, but since The Breakout is from 2011, then how about Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes instead?
Perhaps not quite as good as the breakout but still an excellent game.

The Cat Lady and Resonance are obvious candidates IMO, and I will be very surprised if neither makes it. 

Personally I would also consider putting The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav on the list, though it might be just outside top 100.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

That could be an interesting discussion as well… which games to remove in order to fit new ones in Smile

I would remove one of the Portal games, because I really don’t think both are needed, and I would remove Stacking as well. That opens up positions for 2 more games to be added… not sure what else could be removed…

I would consider adding Walking Dead & Resonance, haven’t really played enough other games to consider others.

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

Toefur - 14 August 2013 08:43 AM

I would remove one of the Portal games, because I really don’t think both are needed

They deserve it more than having TWO Journeyman Project games in the Top 100 Gasp I’d dump them both.

No Zak McKracken or Dagger of Amon Ra invalidates the Top 100 list anyway Innocent  Naughty

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

I’ll also give my voice to Resonance, it’s the best new game I’ve played since… I don’t know when. It’s a Top 20 game for me.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Toefur - 14 August 2013 08:43 AM

That could be an interesting discussion as well… which games to remove in order to fit new ones in Smile

for me Book of Unwritten Tales if replaced i wouldn’t even notice when it happens,
also as i never understood why Pepper’s Adventures in Time has this kind of praise or rating , i see other 20 titles from Sierra not mentioned there can easily fit before it.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Considering majority dont like Japanese games and havent played Danganronpa. I vote for Primordia.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Resonance definitely deserves a spot and, personally, I enjoyed the second Deponia game quite a lot.. might be a candidate.

Iznogood - 14 August 2013 07:58 AM

I have absolutely no doubt that TWD will make in on the list when or if it is updated, even though I personally wouldn’t let it anyway near any kind of list with “Top” in the title, at least not unless “Worst” is also in the title.

What if it was a Top-something best voice acting - list? You can say what you will about TWD’s gameplay, but the voice acting was amazing, wouldn’t you agree?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I would rather not suggest changes to The List.  It is a Staff List which I respect more than a Reader’s List.  Sure I have my differences with their List and have expressed them before, but have you seen any Reader’s Lists at other sites?  They tend to focus on more recent games because unless you are an old-timer, I guarantee you haven’t played 1/2 of The List so your objectivity is focused only on what you have played.

That being said, I don’t think the Staff should take our recommendations into consideration.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top