• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games that has beautiful piano music?

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2006-08-31

PM

Seems that i love adventure games that has atmospheric piano music like gabriel knight games, cognition, gray matter, to the moon. could you guys recommend more games that has beautiful piano music.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Overclocked has a wonderful soundtrack that features a lot of piano music:

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Overclocked theme is A killer!,

GK’s had Lots of Piano work,
here is GK1’s ! ..not the great sound of Paino you would you realy love but still i adore it all the same.. the Midi tack from the the 1st game , was just great.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Memento Mori had a few.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 71

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Not sure if To the Moon qualifies as a piano soundtrack—by my standards it does.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Gabriel Knight 3 features the most achingly beautiful piano pieces of any game out there. The first of these is calm, solemn and introverted and the second is a fast and frenetic variation of the first. I uploaded the sheet music of the former some while ago. Someone uploaded both of them here on YouTube as one piece.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Martin Gantefoehr - 12 August 2013 08:12 AM

Not sure if To the Moon qualifies as a piano soundtrack—by my standards it does.

^ This.

First title that came to mind when I read the question… Thumbs Up

Here’s my favourite piece of music from the game.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

So we have 2 suggestions for GK and 2 for To the Moon… Did anyone bother reading the original post? Pan

The Blackwell series has quite a few piano-heavy tunes. The Whispered World’s soundtrack also uses pianos quite a bit and is pretty great (I hate hate hate the game itself, though).

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I really loved Overclocked Apartment music, cant find on youtube.

Frown

Best ofcourse are different arrangements of Maintheme in HeavyRain and LAnoire had some great Piano use too.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

Blackwell Unbound boasts some great piano-heavy tunes. Especially the ones in Johnny Ivory’s. The rest of the series also has some good piano songs.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Funny: besides from To the Moon. All the games mentioned are thrillers. What is it with piano music that it’s so often used in thrillers? Is it it’s often nihilistic sounds or the fact it can sound so melancholy.

One does wonder.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

gray pierce - 12 August 2013 03:40 PM

Funny: besides from To the Moon. All the games mentioned are thrillers. What is it with piano music that it’s so often used in thrillers?

we haven’t even mentioned 1/100 of the possible AGs with piano music out there ..
..here!
this from my Num#1 Adventure of all time, wish it one day get recorded/remixed with real Piano Cool

i just could find not the track itself , its the gameplaying ‘til 4:20 or so

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Kurufinwe - 12 August 2013 12:23 PM

So we have 2 suggestions for GK and 2 for To the Moon… Did anyone bother reading the original post? Pan

No time to read. Or write. Gotta go!

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

good old Samael

not all of the score is pure piano but some of the pieces are. that goes for all noir games I guess.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

the amazing Edna & Harvey

Some Synthases from Gemini Rue Cool

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

And who can forget? Grin

On a slightly related note - this is brilliant!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top