• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

best PSP detective and investigative adventure games

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2013-07-23

PM

Hi,

Anyone gives me suggestion for best detective and investigative type adventure games for PSP only.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Well, one that might fit the bill is the horror investigation game Corpse Party. It’s not a detective game, though. However, it’s very, very good. One of the prime PSP games for sure.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

the best is probably corpse party. Shadow of destiny is also quite good.. but not sure how easy it is to find, might be easier to find on pc or ps2.
Later this month theres a psp adventure coming out called “Sweet Fuse: At Your Side”. No idea how good this is going to be.

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2013-07-23

PM

ok thanks for replying,can you give me suggestion for good adventure games for all genre also

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I can’t really think of that many PSP adventure games, but I know Myst got re-released for the console (as it has been for nearly every platform on the planet).

There’s also Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, which plays like the Phoenix Wright games I think. Never tried it though.

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Besides what’s been mentioned Dangan Ronpa(and it’s sequel if you know Japanese) for PSP is another option, it modifies the Phoenix Wright style investigation and courtroom interface a bit and tells a dark tale(with some comedic elements).  From an official standpoint it’s a Japanese-only game for the PSP, but it received a fan translation that is very good.  It’s also being re-released on the Vita with an official localization.  You can get the details on the fan translation here if you like: http://danganronpa.wordpress.com/

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

EDIT: oh i see now, theres a translation. Yeah im going to play that.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The PSP does not have a huge library of adventure games. When I traded in my Dsi XL for a 3DS XL I picked up a used PSP-3000 because it was 50 dollars.

I also wanted to try out two PSP adventure games in the top 100 adventure games of all time:

1) Silent Hill: Shattered memories

2) Shadow of Destiny

Both were fabulous, as good as an adventure game gets. I recommend them highly.

Lastly, both Corpse Party games are available for download on PSN.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I didn’t realize they’d made a PSP version of Shattered Memories.  That’s a very good game to throw in there, though I’d say if you have a Wii, opt for that version instead.  It looks better and make some of the best use of the Wii control scheme to add to the immersion and gameplay.  However, if that’s not an option, it is a very good game regardless.  Shadow of Destiny is also very good as others have said.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The PSP is an amazing piece of hardware - 9 years old and still sells in droves. Small enough to put in your pocket for on the go gaming.

I myself never compare handheld versions of games vs console versions if any other reason that the console version costs more usually and should be better.

However, I do have both the PSP and PS2 versions of “Shadow of Destiny” and the PSP version is much better so it would be no surprise that “Shattered Memories” on the PSP
is the better version.

For 50 dollars I loved the system and the two games I mentioned deserved to be in the top 100 big time.

I got the games for $14.99 each and I got Persona 3 also for 14.99 which I loved although not an adventure game.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

HitBattousai - 10 August 2013 04:25 AM

Besides what’s been mentioned Dangan Ronpa(and it’s sequel if you know Japanese) for PSP is another option, it modifies the Phoenix Wright style investigation and courtroom interface a bit and tells a dark tale(with some comedic elements).  From an official standpoint it’s a Japanese-only game for the PSP, but it received a fan translation that is very good.  It’s also being re-released on the Vita with an official localization.  You can get the details on the fan translation here if you like: http://danganronpa.wordpress.com/

me oh my. Iv played this for a few hours now, and i think im in love. Its like phoenix wright + 999 + its own unique awesomeness.
If they localize this and the sequel onto the vita, i think i would seriously consider getting a vita.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Glad you’re enjoying it.  The only thing I’m not a big fan of with the game system is the Machine Gun Battles, they just seem kind of pointless to me.  The rest of the game is pretty awesome though.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

HitBattousai - 22 August 2013 06:30 PM

Glad you’re enjoying it.  The only thing I’m not a big fan of with the game system is the Machine Gun Battles, they just seem kind of pointless to me.  The rest of the game is pretty awesome though.

fully agreed. Its this awkward mini game that doesnt fit with the story placed at every climax. Its a very good game regardless. If they fixed that aspect in the sequel the game could be near perfect.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top